Thread: External pinging

Default External pinging

I have noticed when ZAinstall.exe and vsmon is running my network connections monitor is showing a pinging to a range of inetnum: 60.234.55.64 - 60.234.55.127. I checked with 3 mates that use ZA and they see the same. This range has nothing to do why ZA. Any thoughts?

Default Re: External pinging

Quote Originally Posted by Basal View Post
    I have noticed when ZAinstall.exe and vsmon is running my network connections monitor is showing a pinging to a range of inetnum: 60.234.55.64 - 60.234.55.127. I checked with 3 mates that use ZA and they see the same. This range has nothing to do why ZA. Any thoughts?
    Hello Mate;

Welcome to the Zone Alarm User Forum..

This Zone Alarm Forum exist to allow Volunteer experienced Zone Alarm Users to help the Few Users who encounter a problem with Zone Alarm and need to be guided in the right direction to answer Questions about Zone Alarm..

It is Sometimes very Difficult to Diagnose and fix a Computer from halfway across the Country, or around the World,
    without All the Details about your computer it's Software and what type and Version of Zone Alarm that you failed to provide, without our ability to sit in front of your Computer monitor and see what's going on..

*** NOTICE:

Whenever posting here- or Contacting ZA Tech Support, it is always advisable to list Full details of your Computer:

Please Give the Exact Type and version of Zone Alarm used, Windows Version & SP Update used, Browser type and version, any other security tools installed and type of router or Internet connection used.
    How do you connect to the Internet: Phone Line, Cable Modem, Router, Wifi, Blue Tooth?

The More information you post the more likely users here will be able to understand the issue and try to help.
    ==================

a Google search revealed the following information..

60.234.55.127 Details

60.234.55.127 is an IP address located in Auckland, New Zealand.

Which may be related to your Internet Provider:

IP Lookup Result for 60.234.55.127
    IP Address: 60.234.55.127
    Organization: Orcon Internet Ltd
    ISP: Orcon Internet Ltd
    City: Auckland

Thanks George for the reply. Sorry on not providing more detail I Know Better. I am using ZoneAlarm Security Suite version: 11.0.768.000/Vsmon version: 11.0.768.000/Driver version: 11.0.764.000/Antivirus engine version: 8.3.1.6/Antivirus signature DAT file version: 1123829216/AntiSpam version: 6.3.1.4973 in a windows 7 Pro environment. This pinging issue has been up and down for a few months. Yes I am on the same ISP. I took the effort to contact the ISP about this and they only provide internet service to them as they do for me. For some reason, seven computers, three are mine the four others are friends, all use ZA and each sends an outgoing packet ping the ip range that I stated before. It only happens when ZA is installed install.exe and on VSmon. I know the address and have been there to visit to inquire. Chinese IT café with massage parlor. Cant find the owner and domain details all dead end. This is why I am interested. I am to the point that I have considered blocking the through the router. Any thoughts? The hardware is ADSL/VDSL Modem router with and additional D link router in between.
    Last edited by Basal; July 27th, 2013 at 08:23 PM.

Sounds perfectly normal, probably just DNS or DHCP look up or ISP heartbit. Blocking it will likely cause internet connection dropping or inability to connect at all.

Thanks,
    Fax

Click here for ZA Support
    Monday-Saturday 6am to 10pm Central time
    Closed Sundays and Holidays

Thread Information