Thread: ZoneAlarm 11 is blocking my System Mechanic Pro AntiVirus from getting updates.

Question ZoneAlarm 11 is blocking my System Mechanic Pro AntiVirus from getting updates.

How do I get ZoneAlarm to stop blocking programs that I have not told it to block? I have to disable ZoneAlarm's "Application Control" in order to download all of my anti-virus updates. All the System Mechanic programs that I am aware of have been assigned the highest trust level and were assigned to "ask" when attempting to access the "Outbound Trusted" and "Outbound Internet" - as well as the inbound "Trusted" and "Internet" zones.

The "Program Log" tells me:
    iolo System component was blocked from connecting to the local zone...or
    iolo System component was blocked from connecting to the internet.
    But it doesn't tell me which "component" it is... or give me the option to approve it.

How can I fix this?

Default Re: ZoneAlarm 11 is blocking my System Mechanic Pro AntiVirus from getting updates.

Quote Originally Posted by BillyBird View Post
    How do I get ZoneAlarm to stop blocking programs that I have not told it to block? I have to disable ZoneAlarm's "Application Control" in order to download all of my anti-virus updates. All the System Mechanic programs that I am aware of have been assigned the highest trust level and were assigned to "ask" when attempting to access the "Outbound Trusted" and "Outbound Internet" - as well as the inbound "Trusted" and "Internet" zones.

The "Program Log" tells me:
    iolo System component was blocked from connecting to the local zone...or
    iolo System component was blocked from connecting to the internet.
    But it doesn't tell me which "component" it is... or give me the option to approve it.

How can I fix this?
    Hello;

Welcome to the Zone Alarm User Forum..

This Zone Alarm Forum exist to allow Volunteer experienced Zone Alarm Users to help the Few Users who encounter a problem with Zone Alarm and need to be guided in the right direction to answer Questions about Zone Alarm..

It is Sometimes very Difficult to Diagnose and fix a Computer from halfway across the Country, or around the World,
    without All the Details about your computer it's Software and what type and Version of Zone Alarm that you failed to provide, without our ability to sit in front of your Computer monitor and see what's going on..

click the ZA icon nearest the clock, click on about, copy to clipboard, paste it here in a reply.

*** NOTICE:

Please Give the Exact Type and version of Zone Alarm used, Windows Version & SP Update used, Browser type and version, any other security tools installed and type of router or Internet connection used.
    How do you connect to the Internet: Phone Line, Cable Modem, Router, Wifi, Blue Tooth?

The More information you post the more likely users here will be able to understand the issue and try to help.
    Last edited by GeorgeV; July 30th, 2013 at 02:31 PM.
    GeorgeV
    ZoneAlarm® Extreme Security

Click here for ZA Support
    Monday-Saturday__ 6am to 10pm Central time
    Closed Sundays and Holidays

Default Re: ZoneAlarm 11 is blocking my System Mechanic Pro AntiVirus from getting updates.

Thanks, George, for the heads up.

I am running Vista, 32-bit, service pack 2, on a LENOVO 3000N100, Model 0768.
    I use both Firefox 22.0
    and
    IE 9.0.8112.16421; Update Versions: 9.0.18 (KB8246071)
    for browsers.
    IE is my default

I am using ZoneAlarm Free Firewall 11.0.000.504
    Vsmon version 11.0.000504
    Driver version 11.0.000.026

I am also using System Mechanic Professional, Version 11.7.1.31.
    Because ZoneAlarm is blocking internet access, I have to Turn OFF ZoneAlarm's "Application Control" whenever I want to update System Mechanic Professional's Virus and spyware definitions.

I believe this started happening right after I updated ZoneAlarm, about 2 months ago, or so. But I didn't realize it was going on until about 2 weeks ago.

I continue to get updates for Windows Defender, and the Widows Malicious Software Removal tool - But I don't have any other anti-virus or firewall programs that are active.

I am connected to the internet through a wireless ZyXEL PK5001Z DSL modem/router via CenturyLink.

You could simply remove ZAfree from VISTA uninstall a program and install back the latest version that you find here:

http://server.iad.liveperson.net/hc/...10&action=view
    (mind to choose the right installer!)

Let us know if with the new version you are experiencing the same. You should nor as it is most likely an issue with corrupted settings.

Thanks,
    Fax

Click here for ZA Support
    Monday-Saturday 6am to 10pm Central time
    Closed Sundays and Holidays

Thread Information