Thread: [WORKAROUND] jdownloader - crawl since update --> disable web scanner

Hybrid View

borochris Guest

Default [WORKAROUND] jdownloader - crawl since update --> disable web scanner

I have just upgraded to

ZoneAlarm Extreme Security version: 11.0.768.000

and since then any downloads have ground to a crawl that makes them virtually impossible. Under the previous version these worked without a problem. I hit the upgrade problem and had to do a clean and a fresh install.

I use jdownloader. This uses java. both jdownloader and java have high trust levels.

I am not seeing any alerts or anything in the logs but when ever I try and download a file my disk is swamped with a number of vsmon processes writing to .tmp files.

Default Re: downloads (jdownloader) crawl since update

Sorry all users here. If you have a valid license please contact directly the official ZA technical support at the link in my signature and report in detail your issue. Once at the main support site click on the "contact us" picture. Its free for registered users.

As a mattter of testing, please disable the web scanner in the advance settings of the ZA antivirus section. Reboot... Any difference?
    Try to do this for the different features of ZA to understand which is the component creating problems. This may help support to identify the issue.

Thanks,
    Fax

Click here for ZA Support
    Monday-Saturday 6am to 10pm Central time
    Closed Sundays and Holidays

Boggie Guest

Default Re: downloads (jdownloader) crawl since update

Zone Alarm Extreme 10.2.078.000, vsmon 11.0. 780.000 is blocking jdownloader downloads in strange way. After starting downloads with jdownloader my Bandwidth Meter Pro shows traffic flow as the data is coming through although there is no data flow shown in jdownloader nor the file download progress is advancing. Disabling web scanner in the advance settings of the ZA antivirus section solves this problem. Thank you for your solution fax although maybe the web scanner needs some tweaking to allow for jdownloader to work. Cheers...Boggie

Default Re: [WORKAROUND] downloads (jdownloader) crawl since update

Thank you for taking the time to report back about this workaround. I have modifed the title of the thread to hint to this temporary solution.
    Yes, please report your findings to ZA technical support, more reports more llikely this will look at earlier then later.

Thanks,
    Fax

Click here for ZA Support
    Monday-Saturday 6am to 10pm Central time
    Closed Sundays and Holidays

Thread Information