Thread: Freezes with ZAfree + AV smart defense advisor enabled, in any program being opened

Threaded View

Default Freezes with ZAfree + AV smart defense advisor enabled, in any program being opened

So far in the last weeks and months i haven't been having much problems with the free internet security suite, but since a few days ago when i open some programs, randomly there is a 20 second freeze on the program (windows even say it's not responding but after 30-40 seconds it unfreezes and goes back to normal), after that if i close it and open again it opens instantly, but a few minutes later if i try opening again the same thing happens (probably when it's not on windows cache anymore) again. This is of course VERY annoying since it happens with almost any program, no matter how trusted i set it on zon alarm settings and seems to be random.

The ONLY thing i find on zonalarm to make this stop happening, besides shutdown zonealarm or disabling application control interely is completly turning off the defensenet slider, but of course i wouldn't want to completly disable this feature of the firewall... what can i do to fix this ? I already deinstalled and reinstalled the latest version, same thing happens.

EDIT : indeed this defensenet was indeed causing these problems, it's been hours i set this to OFF and EVERYTHING on the computer is a lot faster and there wasn't a single freeze yet of this kind, i really hope someone knows how to advice this since i wouldn't like having this setting permanently switched off since i read this reduces a lot the protetion the firewall has, but if someone can tell me exact how important this setting is despite having all other settings on, tell me
    Last edited by cesm; August 15th, 2013 at 10:51 PM.

Thread Information