Thread: Come Surrogate alert with Diskkeeper v11 and ZA Free

Angry Come Surrogate alert with Diskkeeper v11 and ZA Free

Hello, the related ZoneAlarm alert is from my Windows XP machine, shortly after opening Diskeeper, ZoneAlarm gave this alert (Com Surrogate is trying to open a raw disk device). i Googled the exact alert but it didn't come up with anything related to my specific alert, the only thing i got from Google was of other Com Surrogate issues, and nothing related to my specific alert. your help would be greatly appreciated.

Default Re: Come Surrogate alert with Diskkeeper and ZA Free

Hi!

please right click the ZA icon near the clock --> about --> copy to clipboard --> Paste it here.

the current version of ZA FREE Firewall is v 11.0.780.000:

Which Windows OS and Microsoft SP Update do you have on your computer?
    Last edited by GeorgeV; August 22nd, 2013 at 02:47 PM.
    GeorgeV
    ZoneAlarm® Extreme Security

Click here for ZA Support
    Monday-Saturday__ 6am to 10pm Central time
    Closed Sundays and Holidays

Quote Originally Posted by GeorgeV View Post
    Hi!

please right click the ZA icon near the clock --> about --> copy to clipboard --> Paste it here.

the current version of ZA FREE Firewall is v 11.0.786.000:

Which Windows OS and Microsoft SP Update do you have on your computer?
    my pc is up to date, and i am running the latest ZA v 11.0.768.000, not 11.0.786.000 as you stated, and i am running windows xp sp3.
    Last edited by whb456; August 22nd, 2013 at 02:53 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by whb456 View Post
    my pc is up to date, and i am running the latest ZA v 11.0.768.000, not 11.0.780.000 as you stated, and i am running windows xp sp3.
    It is Sometimes very Difficult to Diagnose and fix a Computer from halfway across the Country, or around the World,
    without All the Details about your computer it's Software and what type and Version of Zone Alarm that you failed to provide, without our ability to sit in front of your Computer monitor and see what's going on..

NOTICE:

Is this the Basic Free Firewall or ZA Free Firewall + Anti-virus
    if the Version Plus AV, then what other Security programs do you have installed?

What version of Diskkeeper..

that is why I asked you to:

The More information you post the more likely users here will be able to understand the issue and try to help.
    Last edited by GeorgeV; August 22nd, 2013 at 03:03 PM. Reason: Updated information..

It is Sometimes very Difficult to Diagnose and fix a Computer from halfway across the Country, or around the World,
    without All the Details about your computer it's Software and what type and Version of Zone Alarm that you failed to provide, without our ability to sit in front of your Computer monitor and see what's going on..

NOTICE:

Is this the Basic Free Firewall or ZA Free Firewall + Anti-virus
    if the Version Plus AV, then what other Security programs do you have installed?

What version of Diskkeeper..

that is why I asked you to:

The More information you post the more likely users here will be able to understand the issue and try to help.
    I am running Windows XP sp3, fully updated, ZoneAlarm Free Firewall version: 11.0.768.000, Diskeeper 2011 Premier Pro. as of late since sending this post, i have denied access through ZA. the antivirus software is Avira Free Product version 13.0.0.3885, which is up to date.
    Last edited by whb456; August 22nd, 2013 at 03:45 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by whb456 View Post
    I am running Windows XP sp3, fully updated, ZoneAlarm Free Firewall version: 11.0.768.000, Diskeeper 2011 Premier Pro. as of late since sending this post, i have denied access through ZA. the antivirus software is Avira Free Product version 13.0.0.3885, which is up to date.

Thank you for your additional information..

Checkpoint has run tests in the past and recently when these claims come up with Diskeeper. Our testing shows that ZA has no issues with Diskeeper, but we also run the latest version of ZA 11.0.780.000 and latest version of Diskeeper 12 (2013).

We are not able to even being to try and help or support older versions of ZA and 3rd party software used with ZA unless your running the latest versions of both.

https://www.zonealarm.com/forums/sho...ght=Diskkeeper
    Last edited by GeorgeV; August 23rd, 2013 at 04:08 AM.
    GeorgeV
    ZoneAlarm® Extreme Security

Click here for ZA Support
    Monday-Saturday__ 6am to 10pm Central time
    Closed Sundays and Holidays

Thank you for your additional information..

Checkpoint has run tests in the past and recently when these claims come up with Diskeeper. Our testing shows that ZA has no issues with Diskeeper, but we also run the latest version of ZA 11.0.780.000 and latest version of Diskeeper 12.

We are not able to even being to try and help or support older versions of ZA and 3rd party software used with ZA unless your running the latest versions of both.
    ty for your reply, but again, i have stated to you this is not an older version of ZA but the LATEST free version of ZA, which is ZoneAlarm Free Firewall version: 11.0.768.000
    Vsmon version: 11.0.768.000
    Driver version: 11.0.768.000
    and when i spoke of Diskeeper, i was only letting you know what i was doing at the time of the alert, i might also add that the alert comes when not in Diskeeper also.

Default Re: Come Surrogate alert

ty for your help in trying to assist me, but i have removed the alert from the Application Control Settings, and so far there has not been any alerts pertaining to my situation, i only wanted to know if there was anything malicious going on to be concerned of. i will deny any alerts of this nature the next time this happens, we can close this post, again tyvm

Default Re: Come Surrogate alert

Thank you for your feedback on how you resolved your issue..

Thread Information