Thread: How long should ZA FREE + AV advanced disinfection run?

Hybrid View

Default How long should ZA FREE + AV advanced disinfection run?

I removed my AVG Anti-virus, restarted, removed ZoneAlarm Free, restarted, downloaded and installed lastest ZoneAlarm Free that included anti-virus and anti-spyware. During install I guess a virus scan is run. An infection was detected and then it started advanced disinfection. How long should this run? I think it has been in that state for a couple hours now. I kept AVG up to date and ran regular scans and always came up clean. So what do I do know? How long should this run? Am I going to be sorry that messed with something that wasn't broken as far as I know?

Smile Re: How long should za fREE + AV advanced disinfection run?

Hello;

it looks like your previous install of AVG, may have left overs that corrupted your new ZA Free + AV install?

*** NOTICE: Please note that ZA Free +AV, ZASS and ZAES do not play nice with many overlapping security tools (even if disabled).

Just One, Not Two -- Never use two Anti-virus products at the same time. Completely uninstall one before installing another. Use the vendor's uninstall utility or if not available, use the Windows XP/Win7/Win8 add/remove software tool in the control panel.

Try this safe clean up procedure..

Follow these instructions Below to clean your computer of the old version and any conflicting 3rd party Security programs, then install a clean new copy of the current supported version of ZA 11.0.780.000

The instruction for a clean install are below

1. Download the latest version http://server.iad.liveperson.net/hc/...10&action=view
    <== click here

2. Remove your current ZA version (in XP use Windows add/remove programs)

3. Remove other security tools installed. Use http://www.appremover.com/ to double check no left overs are present.

4. Clean your system and registry with the Free Ccleaner.exe
    free ccleaner <= click here

5. Download to your desktop and run the ZA removal tool, <= click here
    now reboot computer after running ZA Removal tool.

6. Now Install the latest ZA version without touching any default settings,
    and Do Not Restore Saved Settings from the old install.

Let us know how you have managed to resolve the issue. It will help other users with the same problem

Default Re: How long should ZA FREE + AV advanced disinfection run?

Thank you, sir! I figured the removals and restarts I had done should have done the trick but clearly not. I did everything you described and all seem to go well. The ZA install went fine and I've since done a first scan.

With regard to #3 I also removed Malwarebytes and Spybot that I had installed. I had used those along with ZA Free w/o anti-virus and with AVG anti-virus without issue for a long, long time. Guess installing ZA Free with anti-virus was the issue.

How much anti-spyware defense is there in ZA Free with anti-virus? I've found over the years that a Malwarebytes and/or Spybot sure still found and removed lots of spyware. Are either of those an issue with the current ZA Free with anti-virus?

Thanks again!

Smile Re: How long should ZA FREE + AV advanced disinfection run?

Quote Originally Posted by Fliffy View Post
    Thank you, sir! I figured the removals and restarts I had done should have done the trick but clearly not. I did everything you described and all seem to go well. The ZA install went fine and I've since done a first scan.

With regard to #3 I also removed Malwarebytes and Spybot that I had installed. I had used those along with ZA Free w/o anti-virus and with AVG anti-virus without issue for a long, long time. Guess installing ZA Free with anti-virus was the issue.

How much anti-spyware defense is there in ZA Free with anti-virus? I've found over the years that a Malwarebytes and/or Spybot sure still found and removed lots of spyware. Are either of those an issue with the current ZA Free with anti-virus?

Thanks again!
    Thank you for your feedback, I am glad the Clean Re-install of ZA Free + AV is working better for you..

I have no compatibility problems with Malwarebytes.. but several user have reported Conflicts with Spybot ..

Here is the Specs on ZA Free + AV

Advanced Firewall
    Monitors programs for suspicious behavior spotting and stopping new attacks that bypass traditional anti-virus protection.

Antivirus/Spyware Scan Engine
    Virus scan detects and remove viruses, spyware, Trojan horses, worms, bots and rootkits.

Private Browsing
    Erases your tracks - allowing you to surf the Web in complete privacy.

Privacy & Security Toolbar
    Provides site check, do not track, Facebook privacy scan, private browsing and more.

Two-way Firewall
    Locks out hackers, blocks intrusions and makes your PC invisible online.
    Last edited by GeorgeV; September 3rd, 2013 at 04:27 AM.

Thread Information