Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Help me fix a java ZASS compatability issue at scottrade.com

Default Re: Help me fix a java ZASS compatibility issue at scottrade.com

ZoneAlarm has had an on and off history of incompatibles with Stock trading programs for years.

Unfortunately due to the the uniqueness of the stock apps and the fact we cant test such apps without trading accounts and such it is not likely we will be able to fix this.

But you should keep trying ZA configurations, security levels turning off features. You may find a combination that works with your stock app.

Maybe the stock app has a user forum, where other users talk about issues with the app and someone else has experience with ZA.

Its worth a shot becasue chances are no one here will have the same app nor does support.

Forum Moderator
    Click here for ZA Support
    Monday-Saturday__ 6am to 10pm Central time
    Closed Sundays and Holidays

Question Re: Help me fix a java ZASS compatability issue at scottrade.com

Well I have just tried the scottrade app and your suggestion to turn off every security software but ZASS did not work. I see that Forum-Moderator has mentioned that ZA has a history of problems with trading platforms for years. Yet I have never once had a problem with scottrade and I have always used malwarebytes and ZASS as a pair. So it is something more recent. Scottrade tells me it is java and I am getting the se4nse that you guys here don't know what to try next. I'll delete all the names, but here is a recent chat window from ZA

info: Welcome to ZoneAlarm Service Dept Live Chat.
    An online chat agent will be with you shortly.
    You are number 1 in the queue.
    Thank you for waiting.

info: You are now chatting with 'ZA'
    info: Your Ticket ID for this chat is
    ZA: Thank you for contacting ZoneAlarm Live Chat. How may I help you today?
    me: Hi again, and thanks for being here. I have another question. Do I need to configure java or ZASS for accepting Port 80, since that is what scottrade runs on?
    ZA: Hello again. You may or you may not. If you do have to, you go to open zoneAlarm, click Computer - Advanced Firewall - View Zones - Trusted. Here is where you make those adjusts to allow a certain kind of a port with the port number.
    me: Can you stay with me on this?
    ZA: I can hold on for couple minutes.
    me: OK sinmce I cannot copy to clipboard I don't see any ports other than Allow broadcast/multicast checked
    me: Also I see Block outgoing ICMP checked
    ZA: You need to know what kind of port you want to allow.
    ZA: A Port 80 is a TCP port. It may also be necessary to allow UDP port but you have to get that info from the manufacturer of the software.
    ZA: We really do not do anything with any advanced configuration setup.
    me: I see, well i don't know of anyway to contact them, but I'll look it up online, if I come back here will someone walk me through it once I find out?
    ZA: I just told you how, that is as much information as we can provide you.
    me: Ok but I am at a loss, thanks anyway

So does anyone think I have to add a port that may have been disrupted? And if so how would one do that?
    Last edited by backbouncer; September 4th, 2013 at 05:48 AM.

Smile Re: Help me fix a java ZASS compatability issue at scottrade.com

Hello;

This Zone Alarm Forum exist to allow Volunteer experienced Zone Alarm Users to help the Few Users who encounter a problem with Zone Alarm and need to be guided in the right direction to answer Questions about Zone Alarm..

We are sorry that you did not understand the message posted by the Forum Moderator..

I will try to explain the solution to you?

ZoneAlarm has had an on and off history of incompatibles with Stock trading programs for years.

Unfortunately due to the uniqueness of the stock apps and the fact we cant test such apps without trading accounts and such it is not likely we will be able to fix this.
    due to the uniqueness of the stock apps and the FACT that Checkpoint / Zone Alarm Tech Support does not have a Stock Trading Account with scottrade.com, they have no way of diagnosing or Fixing the Compatibility issues with Stock trading programs, and therefore Unfortunately, it will be unlikely that Zone Alarm Tech Support or for that matter Users of this Forum will be able to fix this issue for you..

Maybe the stock app has a user forum, where other users talk about issues with the app and someone else has experience with ZA.

Its worth a shot because chances are no one here will have the same app nor does support have the Stock trading App or Trading Account to Test with.

===========

maybe you could Check to see of Scottrade.com has a Support Forum, that you could read possible solutions or conflict solutions on that support forum?

other than that, maybe you can find a Friend, neighbor or computer store (Tech Support) like the "Geek Squad" that can hold your hand and help resolve computer issues for you?

Sorry;
    I have no other suggestions for you..

Regards;
    GeorgeV

Last edited by GeorgeV; September 4th, 2013 at 07:21 AM. Reason: fix Typo
    GeorgeV
    ZoneAlarm® Extreme Security

Default Re: Help me fix a java ZASS compatability issue at scottrade.com

We already posted several tests to perform, however you seem to ignore them. I am afraid I cannot help further.

Sorry,
    Fax

Monday-Saturday 6am to 10pm Central time

Question Re: Help me fix a java ZASS compatability issue at scottrade.com

Thank you GeorgeV, I fully understood his statement. However it is not specifically a website nor exclusively a Java problem, I don't believe. What I am wondering is should I see anywhere within ZASS the website scottreade.com? I do see under ZASS>Computer> Control> View Programs the java Control Panel listed twice, one is for java6 and the other for java7, then I also see java Platform SE Binary listed five times, and java Web Start Launcher for java6 and for java7. Should all these be present? That's all I am presently asking. So if anyone can answer this I'd sure appreciate it.

Fax, I appreciate the suggestions, and I have honestly tried everything you have suggested, I have ignored nothing and I don't appreciate that allegation. I am working at least as hard as you are on this believe me, I have been at this for more than a few hours. I am trying every avenue I can, with this forum, ZA themselves and with java. There is something we are all missing, and I don't place blame on anyone, I know it is either something I have done or it is a compatibility issue with the 3 softwares involved, but truthfully I have been using all 3 for several years and I am not here to cause a ruccous, I seriously need help. So lets all just relax, and take each others word for their justness and honesty. If you and I got off on the wrong foot, let it go. I'll apologize and we can start anew, if you don't mind.

Quote Originally Posted by backbouncer View Post
    Thank you GeorgeV, I fully understood his statement. However it is not specifically a website nor exclusively a Java problem, I don't believe. What I am wondering is should I see anywhere within ZASS the website scottreade.com? I do see under ZASS>Computer> Control> View Programs the java Control Panel listed twice, one is for java6 and the other for java7, then I also see java Platform SE Binary listed five times, and java Web Start Launcher for java6 and for java7. Should all these be present? That's all I am presently asking. So if anyone can answer this I'd sure appreciate it.
    Here is additional information that may help you with your JAVA issue..

Here is the Current Supported version of Java installed (Version 7 Update 25).

Windows Users
    : Improve the security of your computer by checking for old versions of Java and removing them using the Java Uninstall Tool.
    Why should I uninstall older versions of Java from my system?

The latest version of Java is always the recommended version as it contains feature updates, vulnerability fixes and performance improvements to previous versions. You can confirm that you have the latest version by visiting the Java Verification page. <= click here

Should I uninstall older versions of Java?

NOTICE: We highly recommend that you uninstall all older versions of Java from your system.
    Keeping old versions of Java on your system presents a serious security risk.
    Uninstalling older versions of Java from your system ensures that Java applications will run with the latest security and performance improvements on your system.
    How can I remove older versions of Java?

You can safely uninstall older versions of Java from your system by using the Java uninstall tool or following the instructions on
    manually uninstalling Java for Windows page.
    Last edited by GeorgeV; September 7th, 2013 at 04:02 AM. Reason: fix typo
    GeorgeV

Thank you GeorgeV, but all that you responded with has already been tried. Can you address my specific response to your previous reply? The number of java instances that I referred to? Thank you

Looks like I need to leave till later this afternoon so I'll check back guys
    Last edited by backbouncer; September 4th, 2013 at 08:58 AM.

Fax, I appreciate the suggestions, and I have honestly tried everything you have suggested, I have ignored nothing and I don't appreciate that allegation. I am working at least as hard as you are on this believe me, I have been at this for more than a few hours. I am trying every avenue I can, with this forum, ZA themselves and with java. There is something we are all missing, and I don't place blame on anyone, I know it is either something I have done or it is a compatibility issue with the 3 softwares involved, but truthfully I have been using all 3 for several years and I am not here to cause a ruccous, I seriously need help. So lets all just relax, and take each others word for their justness and honesty. If you and I got off on the wrong foot, let it go. I'll apologize and we can start anew, if you don't mind.
    Then please detail what you have done of what we suggested aside of removing MBAM and disabling windows defender. I don't see any detail.

Please don't rush, relax, read carefully all messages we have posted. Troubleshooting need time and dedication.

Thanks,
    Fax

Monday-Saturday 6am to 10pm Central time

Smile Re: Help me fix a java ZASS compatability issue at scottrade.com

Thank you GeorgeV, but all that you responded with has already been tried. Can you address my specific response to your previous reply? The number of java instances that I referred to? Thank you

Looks like I need to leave till later this afternoon so I'll check back guys

Your Welcome..

I think your admitted lack of expertise with computers has made you a little paranoid?

IMHO: the list of multiple Java instances is nothing to worry about..

Here is my Last suggestion, if you still insist that ZASS is the cause or contributing to your problem?

1. Remove your current ZASS version (in XP use Windows add/remove programs, Windows 7 or 8 Control Panel/Uninstall Program )

2. Clean your system and registry with the Free Ccleaner.exe
    free ccleaner <= click here

3. Download to your desktop and run the ZA removal tool, <= click here
    now REBOOT computer after running ZA Removal tool.

4.) If your still having an issue with your Stock Trading App, then there is something else wrong with your computer..

I agree with GURU Fax;

We already posted several tests to perform, however you seem to ignore them. I am afraid we cannot help you further on this issue...
    I will Close this Thread Soon as all that can be said to help you has been said..
    Last edited by GeorgeV; September 4th, 2013 at 10:10 AM. Reason: fix typo
    GeorgeV

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread Information