- I'm not concerned about ZA not loading. I believe that was all down to the (nasty) effects of the 'reset to defaults' which also messed up Security Centre and my AV.
- The XP system is loading no more now than it was prior to the 11.0.780 upgrade, and since the re-install of ZA everything loads as expected.
- I have written off all of the 'not loading', AV and Security Centre incidents as being related to the nebulous effects of the 'reset to defaults' debacle.
- After the re-installs, my system has been otherwise trouble-free, and has updated with the latest MS patches etc., so there is nothing much wrong with it otherwise.
- I meant to add in my previous comments that after the ZA uninstall and run of 'clean.exe', I went through my Registry with a fine tooth-comb, and removed everything I cold find related to ZA/Zonelabs/Checkpoint etc. As far as I am aware there were no remnants of ANY ZA registry entries left. I also checked for any directories/files left on my discs and in my profile and removed them too. And yet when I subsequently re-installed ZA, it exhibited the same (pop-up) activity as before.
What is therefore annoying is that the popup is STILL occurring.
I have downloaded/installed 12.0.104.000 since I last posted, and the popup is still there. Early days - but if it still occurs after a week or so.....!!