Thread: New Patch conflicts with Windows Media Player.

Default New Patch conflicts with Windows Media Player.

I've been on my current HP Pavilion m6 1045dx computer for about a year. I am running windows 7; and have run Zone Alarm on the computer since day one. <br><br> last night at the prompting of your app I downloaded the current patch; I had been listening to a favorite playlist at the time, and there is nothing wrong with those mp3s. <br><br>Since loading the current patch, files played in WMP suffer pauses, dropouts and other audio troubles; the same files play cleanly in real player; but as WMP is my preferred audio player, and as it is the native player of the OS; this is not an acceptable work around long term. I have updated Windows as of this morning; this has been of no help. My current versions of your product, WMP, and Win7 are all up to date. As I am on a laptop I have no desire to "Upgrade" to Win8. Any help would be appreciated.

Default Re: New Patch conflicts with Windows Media Player.

Hello;

right click the ZA icon near the clock --> About --> copy to clipboard --> Paste it here (in a reply).
    if this is a Paid version.. Please remove the License Key in your Reply..

Most probably just a bad upgrade and ZA settings has become corrupted. Normally a reset of the settings should get back ZA to the right tracks (ZA tools --> preferences --> reset to defaults --> reboot PC)

It is Sometimes very Difficult to Diagnose and fix a Computer from halfway across the Country, or around the World,
    without All the Details about your computer it's Software and what type and Version of Zone Alarm that you failed to provide, without our ability to sit in front of your Computer monitor and see what's going on..

*** NOTICE:

Please Give the Exact Type and version of Zone Alarm used, Windows Version & SP Update used, Browser type and version, any other security tools installed and type of router or Internet connection used.
    How do you connect to the Internet: Phone Line, Cable Modem, Router, Wi-Fi, Blue Tooth?

The More information you post the more likely users here will be able to understand the issue and try to help.
    Last edited by GeorgeV; September 14th, 2013 at 11:56 AM.

Dear Sir,
    My apologies for the delay in my reply other demands have occupied my time. Unfortunately while I have tried rebooting my computer, and your settings to no avail; reading your forums it seems that it may be necessary to allow Media Player to act as a server, unfortunately the guidance is quite dated and does not apply to the current interface.

My Applications list shows WMP as 'Super Trusted' so I don't understand the conflict; but there quite simply is one; it is simply true I have not been able to play Mp3's on WMP since installing your last patch; and there has been no other significant change to my computer or os since. As I stated in my OP. I was listening to a favorite playlist when I got the notice to please up date. I did, I returned to my playlist; and immediately noted dropouts and glitches in the audio that have been there ever since. That the conflict arises from the patch I have no doubt; and would still appreciate your guidance as how to address this as it is not a tolerable situation long term.

Windows 7 Home Premium
    Version 6.1.7601 Service Pack 1 Build 7601
    ZoneAlarm Security Suite version: 11.0.780.000
    ZoneAlarm license key: ###
    Vsmon version: 11.0.780.000
    Driver version: 11.0.764.000
    Antivirus engine version: 8.3.1.6
    Antivirus signature DAT file version: 1127836576
    AntiSpam version: 6.3.1.4973

Patch ? What patch ? There isn't any patch AFAIK. Sounds like fake to me.
    You should scan your computer for malware I guess.

I received the prompt from ZA, and updated directly from the app, not from any link; so I'm very confident it is not a Malware/spoof; just the same ty for your time and input. TRL.

Quote Originally Posted by trlavalley View Post
    I received the prompt from ZA, and updated directly from the app, not from any link; so I'm very confident it is not a Malware/spoof; just the same ty for your time and input. TRL.
    O.k. You meant the automatic update. I never wait for it to arrive on my PC because it takes too long, IMO. Then it's legit, without a doubt. I have almost the same version, except that I'm using the free version.
    Unfortunately I cannot reproduce your problem. Maybe it's configuration based.
    As you paid for the product you may consider calling the ZA online support for free.

Thread Information