Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Can't Access the Web After Installing 11.0.780.000!

Default Can't Access the Web After Installing 11.0.780.000!

Hi Guys. I've just updated to the version above. Immediately I cannot access the web via any of my browsers! Furthermore, everything seems very clunky and slow to open. Anyone any ideas? I'm running Win 7, SP1 on a Dell Precision M6700. Regards, Graham
    Regards,
    [/B]Graham[/B]

Default Re: Can't Access the Web After Installing 11.0.780.000!

Hi and welcome back!

Try a reboot of the PC, then right click the ZA icon near the clock --> About --> Copy to clipboard --> paste it here. Remove the license key information(if applicable).

Thanks,
    Fax

Click here for ZA Support
    Monday-Saturday 6am to 10pm Central time
    Closed Sundays and Holidays

Hi Fax & thanks for the welcome back. This is bizarre! Outlook is connecting and I followed the link in the response mail here to make this reply (albeit very slowly), yet none of my browsers connect since I installed the update. Anyway here's the info: ZoneAlarm Security Suite version: 11.0.780.000
    ZoneAlarm license key: ****
    Vsmon version: 11.0.780.000
    Driver version: 11.0.764.000
    Antivirus engine version: 8.3.1.6
    Antivirus signature DAT file version: 1127368704
    AntiSpam version: 6.3.1.4973

Regards, Graham
    Regards,
    [/B]Graham[/B]

Hi!

if it is an issue with ZA, it may be just a bad upgrade. The easiest step to solve the problem (unless its a corrupted install) would be to reset the ZA settings.

Go to ZA tools --> Preferences --> Reset to defaults --> Reboot the PC and do not restore any previous backup of the ZA settings to check everything works fine on defaults.

Thanks,
    Fax

Hi Fax. Thanks. I tried the reset but no dice. I updated our XP machine last night and just tried IE on that one. It does connect but very, very, very slowly. Like all these things I've just recalled I updated our other Win7 PC a week ago. It does connect but ever since I've had major difficulties downloading and it acts very much like my laptop problem (I hadn't put two and two together until just now). So the thread throughout this seems: pre-update ZAISS internet/ web connectivity/ downloads fine; update ZAISS and problems on three different machines... What do you suggest? I seriously need my Dell for tomorrow's project work. Should I un-install ZAISS? If so, do I need to uninstall from the control panel first and then run the clean-up tool (is there a later version than 2012?) or should I just try and run a restore back to before I installed this version??? Should I uninstall and then run restore back to an earlier point?
    Regards,
    [/B]Graham[/B]

Sounds some how similar to the problem you had sometime ago:
    https://www.zonealarm.com/forums/sho...506#post291506

The reset should have done it and weird you have problems when upgrading on both systems with several versions. You likely have an application or a specific setup that conflicts with ZA and every time you update you are faced with internet issues.

How do you connect to internet? ADSL? 3G Mobile? Other security tools installed or resident programs that start at boot in these machines including once you had ZA version 10 installed?

Yes, clean.exe is contantly updated and you need always to download the latest version that you find here: http://download.zonealarm.com/bin/fr...load/clean.exe

As already suggested some years ago, you need to isolate the problem:

1. Click the Windows 7 "Start" ->
    2. Type MSCONFIG in the search box and click OK
    3. Once in MSCONFIG , click the ServiceTab
    4. Place a check in "Hide All Microsoft Services"
    5. Now remove checks from everything other than TrueVector Internet Monitor and ZoneAlarm Privacy Service, and click OK.
    6. Click the Startup Tab,
    7. Order by publisher and disable all items except items from Microsoft and Checkpoint.
    8. Restart your computer

Now test if the issue persist. If it doesn't go back to MSCONFIG and check back the disabled items by group of 4 or 5. Start from the service tab and then move to the startup. This way you should hopefully find the issue.

NOTE: You can place your computer back into a normal startup process by
    going back into msconfig and choosing the Normal Startup option on the
    General tab.

Thanks,
    Fax
    Last edited by fax; September 18th, 2013 at 06:34 AM.

Thanks again, Fax. It isn't quite the same as 2011 as it is interfering with connection to sites. But, yes, I have had problems with new versions, which normally fall away with the following update. I recall a massive problem around 2007 where a new version led to me having to have the OS restored eventually (how I laughed). Anyway we connect ADSL WiFi and we don't have any other security running. I turned off the vast majority of start-up items when I was setting up the laptop with Dell some while ago. I need to get back in business quickly, so I think uninstall is my best route and I'll go back to the last version. Should I uninstall from the Control Panel first before running the clean-up tool or do I only need to run the cleaner to uninstall? Once I've uninstalled I plan to run restore (unless you advise against it) as belt and braces to try and make sure it is all cleaned out. Interestingly I do not see a restore point for a new ZA installation.
    Regards,
    [/B]Graham[/B]

I would try to clean reinstall, installing old version is not recommended and not supported. Also consider that major improvements in the AV engine have been applied to the latest version.

So remove ZA, install something else (eg. Microsoft Security Essential) and when possible reinstall ZA 780. Note that build 780 is almost the end of the 11.0 line. So, it is not new and contains many fixes across the 11 line that is on the market since sometime. So not a new version at all unless you are still with version 10!

Thanks,
    Fax

I have web browser connection again! Apologies. I completely mislead myself and you. A long story but this is a replacement for a new laptop. I uninstalled Trend (which Dell installs automatically) from the original new machine but it got overlooked on this new replacement (I don't know how as it should have been switched off at least when we configured). Anyway, as you'd gone to the effort of setting out the steps, I thought it polite to at least have a look at services and start-up before running uninstall and saw Trend and turned it all off and so far, so good. So now I'll re-examine the settings for my Win7 PC and see if there are any conflicts there as well.
    Regards,
    [/B]Graham[/B]

Good! Please let me know the results so that I can mark this thread as resolved. Thanks, Fax

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information