Thread: free update pop up you are not protected

Exclamation free update pop up you are not protected

I keep getting a pop up stating that I am not protected. It asks that I update my zonealarm with free update. I have updated via control panel and I keep getting the pop up. How can I not be protected when my zonealarm says that I am? Why do I get a pop up supposedly from zonealarm, when I am already updated? Is this a legitimate zonealarm pop up or is it a trap?

Default Re: free update pop up you are not protected

Quote Originally Posted by nibaru View Post
    I keep getting a pop up stating that I am not protected. It asks that I update my zonealarm with free update. I have updated via control panel and I keep getting the pop up. How can I not be protected when my zonealarm says that I am? Why do I get a pop up supposedly from zonealarm, when I am already updated? Is this a legitimate zonealarm pop up or is it a trap?

Hello;

This is a legitimate Pop-up..
    Automatic CFU has been turned on for users of ZA v10 and early v11 (English versions)..

It is Sometimes very Difficult to Diagnose and fix a Computer from halfway across the Country, or around the World,
    without All the Details about your computer it's Software and what type and Version of Zone Alarm that you failed to provide, without our ability to sit in front of your Computer monitor and see what's going on..

*** NOTICE:

Please Give us the Exact Type and version of Zone Alarm used the Current Supported version of ZA is now 11.0.780.000,
    Windows Version & SP Update used, Browser type and version, any other security tools installed and type of router or Internet connection used
    How do you connect to the Internet:Phone Line, Cable Modem, Router, Wi-Fi, Blue Tooth?

The More information you post the more likely users here will be able to understand the issue and try to help.
    Last edited by GeorgeV; September 18th, 2013 at 11:40 AM.

I have internet security suite. How do I know which version I have? I connect to the internet by broadband (IPv4?) Computer is connected to router via cable. It is a wireless router and is set up for wifi connection, but I find the cable is faster?

I have never had this problem before, ever? I have had zonealarm since 1995 now. On the odd occasion that I have had a problem, I have called them and they have helped me put it right there and then. It appears that this is not now an option?

The reason that I have not replied to this thread recently, is that it appeared as though the problem had gone away? I ran a cleaning program and deleted firefox. I don't know if this is relevant. The only thing that I can think, that I have done to cause the pop up to re-appear, is I have used internet explorer on one occasion, instead of my usual chrome. It does appear to have come back after this, but it may be coincidence?

Many thanks

Hello;

I Moved your thread from the FREE Firewall area to the right section, since you have the internet security suite type, but we still need to know what version # to tell if you have and old unsupported version installed?

As I said before: This is a legitimate Pop-up..
    Automatic CFU has been turned on for users of ZA v10 and early v11 (English versions)..

As a general rule, please try to write short messages, strictly going to the matter of the problem. Always remember to post the exact version of ZA used.

(ZA about --> copy to clipboard --> paste in the message [Remove License Key]) + Exact version of the Windows OS and any other security tools installed.

Always remember that this is a user forum, no ZA support staff monitor this User supported Forum.

If you have a valid license you can contact, free of charge, the ZA technical support at the link in my signature (mind to check the time when they are online!).

Thanks
    GeorgeV
    ZoneAlarm® Extreme Security

Click here for ZA Support
    Monday-Saturday__ 6am to 10pm Central time
    Closed Sundays and Holidays

Julie Guest

I'm having this same issue and am very paranoid of popups. I have been closing this popup for several days now because I did not trust it. Tonight I decided to click on the za avatar in my toolbar to check for updates. While in the midst of this, the popup came up again. I figured, well, it must be legit. So I clicked on it and saved to hard drive and began the install. While installing I got another za popup that said it didn't recognize it and to either allow (if I trusted) or cancel. Well that set of alarms in my head. So I canceled. Then za said my browser was unprotected. I tried fix and "turn on" but it would not keep the setting. I rebooted. Afterwards it seemed ok. My question is, are you SURE it's legit because that last popup said it might try to disable or something like that my legit zone alarm. I only hope it's ok now... says it is... My info: Windows 7 ZoneAlarm Security Suite version: 11.0.000.020
    ZoneAlarm license key: xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx (I hid here)
    Vsmon version: 11.0.000.020
    Driver version: 11.0.000.009
    Antivirus engine version: 8.3.0.13
    Antivirus signature DAT file version: 1127451584
    AntiSpam version: 6.3.1.4973

Quote Originally Posted by Julie View Post

My question is, are you SURE it's legit because that last pop-up said it might try to disable or something like that my legit zone alarm. I only hope it's ok now... says it is...

My info: Windows 7

Zone Alarm Security Suite version: 11.0.000.020
    Zone Alarm license key: xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx (I hid here)
    Vsmon version: 11.0.000.020
    Driver version: 11.0.000.009
    Antivirus engine version: 8.3.0.13
    Antivirus signature DAT file version: 1127451584
    AntiSpam version: 6.3.1.4973

Yes I'm Sure that the ZA Update Pop-ups are Legit from Checkpoint..
    All users running ZA 8,9,10 and 11 for both Free and Paid versions in all languages are now getting Automatic (CFU) notifications of a new version available (NOW) 12.0.104.000

If you encounter a problem installing the new Update and you have a Valid ZA license you can contact,
    free of charge, the ZA Technical Support (Live Chat) at the link in my signature
    (make sure to check the time when they are online!).
    Last edited by GeorgeV; December 14th, 2013 at 06:01 AM. Reason: Updated current ZA Update Information
    GeorgeV
    ZoneAlarm® Extreme Security

Click here for ZA Support
    Monday-Saturday__ 6am to 10pm Central time
    Closed Sundays and Holidays

Thread Information