Thread: Licence key fail

Hybrid View

Default Licence key fail

Hi there.

First of all: I used the search function within this forum and google to find a solution for my installation problem. Without success. I already talked to the support chat. Without success.

Problem Description:
    Yesterday I purchased Zonealarm Pro Antivirus + Firewall 2013 including a 3PC licence. Installation on my desktop computer worked fine and the licence was accepted.
    Doing the same with my notebook I run into trouble activating the product. ZA tells me, the licence key is invalid.
    About information (working installation, desktop pc, Windows 7 32bit):
    ZoneAlarm mit Antivirus-Version: 11.0.780.000
    ZoneAlarm Lizenzschlüssel: xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
    Vsmon-Version: 11.0.780.000
    Treiberversion: 11.0.764.000
    Antivirus-Engine-Version: 8.3.1.6
    Antivirus-Signatur-DAT-Dateiversion: 1127564000
    About information (not working installation, notebook, windows 7 64bit):
    ZoneAlarm mit Antivirus-Version: 11.0.780.000
    ZoneAlarm Lizenzschlüssel: DO NOT POST YOUR LICENSE KEY IN PUBLIC FORUM, YOUR LICENSE MAY BE BLACK LISTED

In both cases I used ZA Internet security before, but I decided to use ZA Pro Antivirus + Firewall for the next period.

What I have tried so far:
    1. Deinstallation using the windows program control panel,
    2. using the ZA cleaning tool to remove everything what was left from the former installation
    3. restarted the machine several times in between
    4. used ccleaner to clean the registry
    5. used regedit to search for checkpoint things left in the system registry and deleted EVERYTHING
    6. reinstalling zonealarm via differrent .exe-files. with and without webdownload and from different sources (ZA purchasing page and Chip.de)
    7. checked the system for any other antivirus software ore firewall --> there is absolutely nothing
    8. performed the "self-service support" http://server.iad.liveperson.net/hc/s-28464961/cmd/kbresource/kb-5130124663940745450/view_question!PAGETYPE?sq=windows%2b7&sf=101113&sg =0&st=769651&documentid=392324&action=view
    9. Tried to install with and without internetconnection

I did this several times but in any case I receive the "about info" I gave you already. Can anybody help me with that?

Please don´t refer to support chat as I have done this yesterday for several hours. Without any success. I already contacted the support team via Mail given by the support page. I received a quick reply but (I don´t know why) I always get a mail delivery failure mail back if I answer to the supporters questions.

If neccessary I can provide further information for solving this really annoying issue. As I am purchasing Checkpoint products since years I am really dissatisfied with this actual performance of the software and really need a quick solution for this incident.

Thanky in advance
    Michael
    Last edited by fax; September 21st, 2013 at 12:38 AM.

Default Re: Licence key fail

Sorry we can't help here, just users. You need to keep following up with the official support and report that what suggested does not work.
    They are the only one able to log, troubleshoot and eventually escalate the issue. You need to go back to them especially if you may need to ask for a refund, if applicable.

Do this during the week when they are online so you can avoid waiting for an e-mail.

Please come back here if you find a solution, it may help other users with the same problem (if any). The problem may reside on specific applications installed on your laptop that we cannot really solved in this forum (proprietary software by the laptop manufacturer or pre-installed security tools).

Thanks,
    Fax
    Last edited by fax; September 21st, 2013 at 12:55 AM.

Click here for ZA Support
    Monday-Saturday 6am to 10pm Central time
    Closed Sundays and Holidays

The problem is, that even the official support doesn´t seem to be interested in a solution. The advices they gave me in the end would have been changes deep in the running windows installation, like disabling all autostart and services entries. This really can´t be a solution to get ZA doing its job. I have never had such a huge problem with installing or renewing a ZA licence. Regarding the windows installation on my notebook. I didn´t change anything. And it worked for me at least the last two years without any problem.

But anyway, perhaps here is another user who had the same problems with the new version of ZA and can provide a smooth solution.

Yes, that is normal troubleshooting steps. I am afraid that if you do not want to follow their suggestions you will not have a chance to solve the problem. For anything related to refund, complaints and similar please forward them to their official support not here. You will most probably not hear from other users on this very specific issue, sorry.

Please come back here once you have solved the problem so that this thread may be still useful for other users with similar problems.

I thank you in advance for your understanding and support.

Sorry,
    Fax

Monday-Saturday 6am to 10pm Central time

I understand your frustration but one offtopic post needed to go, please stay on topic to avoid this thread to be closed. We said all we could, now its up to you to follow-it. Let us know if you manage to resolve the issue.

Thanks,
    Fax
    Last edited by fax; September 21st, 2013 at 04:04 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Michael View Post
    The problem is, that even the official support doesn´t seem to be interested in a solution. The advices they gave me in the end would have been changes deep in the running windows installation, like disabling all autostart and services entries. This really can´t be a solution to get ZA doing its job. I have never had such a huge problem with installing or renewing a ZA licence. Regarding the windows installation on my notebook. I didn´t change anything. And it worked for me at least the last two years without any problem.

But anyway, perhaps here is another user who had the same problems with the new version of ZA and can provide a smooth solution.
    Hello;

I agree with Guru Fax;

However, Here is a Hint or Tip from another User Here:
    If this does not resolve your License Issue, then you will need to Contact the Official Support again on Monday as Guru Fax advised you..

** NEVER post any license key publicly **

1) If you purchased a copy from another person, or off an eBay or other auction, you may have an illegal copy. Contact Customer Support..

2) If your license key is expired, it will NOT work with newer versions. You will need to renew (see link below).

http://www.zonealarm.com/security/en...m-products.htm

3.) Cannot Connect to the Checkpoint License Server

This is a result of the activation process not having Administrator privileges on Windows Vista and Windows 7,8 when trying to authenticate and save your key into the registry.

In order to bypass this error please do the following:

1. Right Click on the icon which starts the program.
    2. Left Click on Properties
    3. Left Click on the Compatibility Tab
    4. Check the box for "Run this Program as administrator"

After this process is completed the program should authenticate your serial key properly and start the program.

===================

Open the email that contains your Invoice or login to your online ZA account which you setup when you purchased from Zone Alarm www.zonealarm.com/myaccount and locate your order from the order history section.

1. Left click and hold on the right side of the last character in your license,
    then drag your mouse all the way to the left side of the first character in
    the license and release the button

Note: Entire license key should be highlighted.

2. Press Ctrl+C on your keyboard. That will Copy the highlighted text into the clipboard for later use.

3. Open your ZoneAlarm Client by double-clicking the 'Z' icon in the lower right hand corner of your screen.
    In Windows 7 the icon may not be visable and you will need to click the small arrow pointing up to view the icon.

4. When ZoneAlarm is open Click the 'Tools' dropdown menu and select the option 'Enter License'
    5. Click once in the 'Enter License Key' box so that a flashing cursor apear at the end of any data the might be in the box.

6. If there is characters in the box press the backspace key on your keyboard until there box is clear.

7. Press Ctrl+V on your keyboard. This will paste your key into the box.

8. Click OK. You should then get a message stating that your
    license key has been successfully installed.

NOTE: If you received a message your license was invalid that is because you may be inputting a license that is made for a different product than the one you have installed or you didn't copy the entire license or you manually typed the license in the box and that will not work.
    Last edited by GeorgeV; September 21st, 2013 at 04:41 AM.
    GeorgeV
    ZoneAlarm® Extreme Security

Monday-Saturday__ 6am to 10pm Central time

Thread Information