Thread: Internal Network Speed DROP after installing to 11.0.780.000

Hybrid View

toolazyforalogin Guest

Default Internal Network Speed DROP after installing to 11.0.780.000

Hi before upgrading my Zonealarm Extreme Security with Datalock to version 11.0.780.000 I was getting transfer speeds across my Gigabit LAN over 30 Mb/s. Now I can only reach 11 MB/s at most.

Does anyone know of a way I can fix this or should I save my settings, remove this version and try to reinstall the older version?

I appreciate the help in advance. I could not find any info regarding this on the forum prior to posting.

Default Re: Internal Network Speed DROP after installing to 11.0.780.000

There is no issue on speed drop (otherwise you would find plenty of references in here). This is tested at each release and there was no changes in the firewall drivers since sometime. So something went wrong during the update or ZA has incorrect or corrupted settings, or the system have been infected by malware, or the network drivers are configured incorrectly.... there could be hundreds of different causes to your issue.

Assuming it is a ZA issue then I suggest you review the many threads here that explains how to install ZA clean, how to reset the ZA settings, how to determine conflicts with third party software with MSCONFIG, etc.

You can start with a reset of the ZA settings (ZA tools --> Preferences --> Reset to defaults --> Reboot the PC). DO NOT reload any previous back of the ZA settings.

If the above fails you move on with the full reinstall also using the specific ZA tool removal tool then use MSCONFIG. If everything else fails and you have a valid license you can contact, free of charge, the ZA technical support at the link in my signature (we are all users here).

Thanks,
    Fax
    Last edited by fax; September 21st, 2013 at 06:36 AM.

Click here for ZA Support
    Monday-Saturday 6am to 10pm Central time
    Closed Sundays and Holidays

Default Re: Internal Network Speed DROP after installing to 11.0.780.000

Sorry, one offtopic message removed. Please keep on topic (LAN issues) to help maintaining this thread clean and readable. Use the PM system for offtopic messages.
    You have already posted your issue here and received an official response. No use to keep hijacking other user threads every week.

Any additional abuse will be removed without further notice. Sorry to the OP for the inconvenience.

Thank you,
    Fax
    Last edited by fax; September 21st, 2013 at 08:18 AM.

Click here for ZA Support
    Monday-Saturday 6am to 10pm Central time
    Closed Sundays and Holidays

Thread Information