Thread: Installation problems with zone alarm pro anti virus + firewall

Hybrid View

Default Installation problems with zone alarm pro anti virus + firewall

I purchased zone alarm pro antivirus + firewall for my sons laptop.

I managed to install it in safe mode to run a scan, after the scan had finished i restarted the laptop and the internet access had been blocked (he uses wireless connection)

I have had this issue myself with zone alarm on my desk top so i went into the settings and tried to move the sliders to medium rather than high, unfortunately every time i exited, the sliders moved right back to high, i had a look online and a couple of posts suggested that it wasnt working maybe because i had installed it in safe mode and to uninstall and re install in normal mode.

So this is what i did, unfortunately it gets a percentage into the download in normal mode then stops and comes up with an error "saying that files cannot be downloaded due to there being no internet connection" which clearly there is.

Im wondering if this can only be installed on a non wireless network? Im completely baffled to be honest.

Laptop is windows 7 and the zone alarm is purchased, i just dont see how i managed to download it in safe mode but i cant in normal mode, any advice etc. much appreciated!

Default Re: Installation problems with zone alarm pro anti virus + firewall

ZoneAlarm (ZA) cannot be installed in SAFE MODE. it must be installed in normal mode with an active Internet connection and from a user with administrative privileges.

Remove ZA from windows 7 uninstall a program, reboot. Then turn ON windows firewall. Double check that NO OTHER security tool is installed (laptop comes with preinstalled software often) other than default windows defender. Also check out is actually windows 7 taking care of the wireless connection and not other third party software running at boot. These may conflicts with ZA. Now check that everything works well.

Try now to install ZA at default. Latest version is 11.0.780.000

Please note that with a valid license you can contact, free of charge, the ZA technical support at the link in my signature (we are all user here)

Thanks,
    Fax
    Last edited by fax; September 24th, 2013 at 12:43 PM.

Click here for ZA Support
    Monday-Saturday 6am to 10pm Central time
    Closed Sundays and Holidays

Hi thanks for your response, i did go to the live help and was given new download link for the firewall etc. Got rid of the no internet connection error and is now giving me the "127" error!! Cant win!

Looks like im going to chat with them again, never had this problem on my desk top lol been using zone alarm for years this is the first time ive ever had issues!

Thanks for your time though, much appreciated

Then please keep coming back to them...

Thanks,
    Fax

In case you don't find a solution, please note that error #127 is normally related to software running at boot conflicting with what you are trying to install.

To troubleshoot you need to clean boot the system and only after install ZA. See here: http://support.microsoft.com/kb/929135

Then you will need to slowly put back things in the boot, up to when you find the origin of the problem.

Thanks,
    Fax

Thread Information