Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Updated Zone Alarm Extreme Securityl blocking youtube videos >Turn Off ID Blocking

Default Re: Updated Zone Alarm Extreme Security AntiVirus tool blocking youtube videos from p

Quote Originally Posted by Sky Soldiers View Post
    Check if you have the following.

In Application Control > View Programs you should have this two entries in Program List

FlashUtil64_11_9_900_117_ActiveX.exe

FlashPlayerUpdateService.exe

Trust Level Super & Allow all the way across the board on both.
    Unfortunately, these programs are not in the list...

Default Re: Updated Zone Alarm Extreme Security AntiVirus tool blocking youtube videos from p

Quote Originally Posted by Anonymous123 View Post
    Unfortunately, these programs are not in the list...
    I would then suggest to run Flash Uninstaller.Then download & clean install Flash Player 11.9.900.117

Download the uninstaller for Flash Player :

http://helpx.adobe.com/flash-player/...r-windows.html

Version 11.9.900.117

http://get.adobe.com/flashplayer/

I think the user has a problem with Adobe shockwave player and not Adobe Flash player.

Click here for ZA Support
    Monday-Saturday 6am to 10pm Central time
    Closed Sundays and Holidays

Quote Originally Posted by fax View Post
    I think the user has a problem with Adobe shockwave player and not Adobe Flash player.
    Adobe Shockwave Player 12.0.5.146 I don't have that install here on IE 10

Here it's Shockwave Flash Object

Version : 11.9.900.117 according to Manage Add-ons
    Last edited by Sky Soldiers; November 5th, 2013 at 02:47 PM. Reason: typo

I uninstalled and reinstalled the flash player. Seems to be working (for now). Hope it will keep working, otherwise I'll come back here again Thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by fax View Post
    fax, I was going by this.User says " However I'd rather use the "Shockwave Flash Object" add-on to play movies "

Here # 17 :

https://www.zonealarm.com/forums/sho...004#post299004

Damn, it's stuck again! Same problem reappears... the videos again don't start playing. I gave full acces to Shockwave and the Flash Player, but it doesn't help. Stupid thing is... when I have the browser open, and I disable web scan in ZoneAlarm, the video automatically starts playing!!! So don't ask me how, but the web scan functionality is blocking the video stream. I hope you guys can ask the developers to look in to this problem. It's very annoying. If your developers can't fix it, I'll have to find myself another security program. Would be a shame though.

Quote Originally Posted by Anonymous123 View Post
    Damn, it's stuck again! Same problem reappears...
    This "works/don't work" and other users here not able to replicate the problem points again on a local issue rather than general ones. Moreover, shockwave is a rather commonly used plug-in so if there was a systemic problem with it you should see this forum flooded by messages.

I would try to first fully remove and reinstall shockwave. Download the shockwave uninstaller from here: http://fpdownload.macromedia.com/get...ninstaller.exe

Then remove shockwave. Reboot the PC.
    Fully reset IE10 settings, advanced tab of the IE10 internet options.
    Then reinstall shockwave, offline installer here:
    http://www.adobe.com/shockwave/downl...r_Version=MSIE

If you are still convinced its a bug of ZA then please report it directly to ZA technical support (ZA support does not monitor this board and we are all users here), the link to official support is in my signature. But I am afraid you will loose yours and support time.

Thanks,
    Fax

Click here for ZA Support
    Monday-Saturday 6am to 10pm Central time
    Closed Sundays and Holidays

Well, I did what you said and it works for now. We'll see what happens. Thanks.

And the problem reappears.... giving up...

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread Information