Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Updated Zone Alarm Extreme Securityl blocking youtube videos >Turn Off ID Blocking

Default Re: Updated Zone Alarm Extreme Security AntiVirus tool blocking youtube videos from p

Could you please post a link to a YouTube video that does not load?

Thanks,
    Fax

Click here for ZA Support
    Monday-Saturday 6am to 10pm Central time
    Closed Sundays and Holidays

Default Re: Updated Zone Alarm Extreme Security AntiVirus tool blocking youtube videos from p

Here's a link, but could've been any link. I'm using IE10. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HSqLQLCwA_E

Quote Originally Posted by Anonymous123 View Post
    Here's a link, but could've been any link. I'm using IE10. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HSqLQLCwA_E
    Thank you for providing the YouTube link..

1.) I have ZA Extreme 12.0.104.000 Default Settings installed on Windows 7 SP1 64bit
    IE 10 Browser All Adobe Add-ons Up to Date, Web Scan function enabled and your YouTube link (Olympus OM-D E-M1 Hands-on Review) runs smoothly and no interruption or lag time..

2.) I tried the same YouTube Link on my 7 Year old Windows XP SP3 32-bit IE 8 Browser with Zone Alarm Internet Security Suite 12.0.104.000 Default settings with no problems running or viewing the YouTube Site..

Sorry, but I agree with the Forum Moderator, It may be a more of a one off issue for your particular PC's and not a general bug that can be re-produced and fixed, sorry.
    Last edited by GeorgeV; November 5th, 2013 at 01:37 PM. Reason: Fix Typos
    GeorgeV
    ZoneAlarm® Extreme Security

Monday-Saturday__ 6am to 10pm Central time

Multiple people are detecting the same problem. You can't just ignore it, because you're not experiencing the problem yourself!

I'm on a 32-bit system and using IE 10.

Try modifying some settings and see if things change. Obviously something is wrong. We are not making this up.

I would hate having to stop using ZoneAlarm because you guys are ignoring a bug in your software.

Is your ZA on defaults? If not, go to the ZA preferences and reset to defaults. Reboot and try again. Same results? Disable all IE add-ons except checkpoint related and try again. Same results? Exactly list what third party software is running at startup.

May be this will give some additional clue on what is causing the problem or may be not.

If no one can consistently replicate the issue than its normal that is near to impossible to find a solution.

Thanks,
    Fax

Since it doesn't seem like ZoneAlarm issue.

Here are some of the most common problems playing a video:

https://support.google.com/youtube/answer/58129?hl=en

Maybe you can fine solution here other than being Zone Alarm issue.
    Last edited by Sky Soldiers; November 5th, 2013 at 12:45 PM. Reason: Rephrase

If you don't mind I'm not going to reset my settings. However I found out that when I disable the "Shockwave Flash Object" add-on in Internet Explorer 10, the movie will start playing! By disabling this add-on, probably the browser starts using HTML5 (canvas) techniques to play the movie. However I'd rather use the "Shockwave Flash Object" add-on to play movies, because this allows me to fully maximize the screen (which is not possible with HTML5). But anyhow, this assumes ZoneAlarm conflicts with the "Shockwave Flash Object" add-on. This is a widely used add-on and can be downloaded here: http://get.adobe.com/shockwave/ You can try for yourself and see what happens if you install it. If the movies don't play, then this add-on is what causes the problem. (Add-ons can be enabled and disabled in Internet Explorer 10 by clicking "Tools", "Manage add-ons".) Well, I did the best I can. Now it's up to you to detect and solve the problem.

Check if you have the following.

In Application Control > View Programs you should have this two entries in Program List

FlashUtil64_11_9_900_117_ActiveX.exe

FlashPlayerUpdateService.exe

Trust Level Super & Allow all the way across the board on both.
    Last edited by Sky Soldiers; November 5th, 2013 at 01:28 PM. Reason: Added Trust Level

Quote Originally Posted by Anonymous123 View Post
    But anyhow, this assumes ZoneAlarm conflicts with the "Shockwave Flash Object" add-on. This is a widely used add-on and can be downloaded here: http://get.adobe.com/shockwave/ You can try for yourself and see what happens if you install it.
    I run shockwave player 10.1.102.64 and video plays perfectly fine. Here its IE11 and Win8.1 32bit.
    As you see something you assume happening to anyone does not actually happen to anyone... its not that simple as you think

Now someone should do the same on IE10 and WIN7 to see. I am afraid you will end up with different results. Or may be not?

Quote Originally Posted by fax View Post
    I run shockwave player 10.1.102.64 and video plays perfectly fine. Here its IE11 and Win8.1 32bit.
    As you see something you assume happening to anyone does not actually happen to anyone... its not that simple as you think

Now someone should do the same on IE10 and WIN7 to see. I am afraid you will end up with different results. Or may be not?
    Sorry, I did not mention Adobe Add-ons to my IE 10 Browser on Windows 7 Sp1 64-bit Computer..

1.) I have ZA Extreme 12.0.104.000 Default Settings installed on Windows 7 SP1 64bit
    IE 10 Browser All Adobe Add-ons Up to Date, Web Scan function enabled and your YouTube link (Olympus OM-D E-M1 Hands-on Review) runs smoothly and no interruption or lag time..
    GeorgeV
    ZoneAlarm® Extreme Security

Monday-Saturday__ 6am to 10pm Central time

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread Information