Thread: Per Program Expert Rules> in ZA Click Help & Search "expert rules"

Thumbs up Per Program Expert Rules> in ZA Click Help & Search "expert rules"

Hi,

I would like to restrict a program's internet access to this subnet: 130.0.0.0 (It is a 3d rendering program, and I don't want it to scan for machines which are not mine, so I want from 130.0.0.0 to 130.255.255.255)

I would like all other programs to have full internet access.

How do I set this program's expert rules? I tried several combinations, did a chat with ZA tech support, to no avail.

Thanks!

Default Re: Per Program Expert Rules

A.)

Welcome to the Zone Alarm User Forum..

This Zone Alarm Forum exist to allow Volunteer experienced Zone Alarm Users to help the Few Users who encounter a problem with Zone Alarm and need to be guided in the right direction to answer Questions about Zone Alarm..

It is Sometimes very Difficult to Diagnose and fix a Computer from halfway across the Country, or around the World,
    without All the Details about your computer it's Software and what type and Version of Zone Alarm and what Windows OS Type and SP Update that you failed to provide, without our ability to sit in front of your Computer monitor and see what's going on..

The More information you post the more likely users here will be able to understand the issue and try to help.
    GeorgeV
    ZoneAlarm® Extreme Security

Click here for ZA Support
    Monday-Saturday__ 6am to 10pm Central time
    Closed Sundays and Holidays

Quote Originally Posted by GeorgeV View Post
    A.)

Welcome to the Zone Alarm User Forum..

This Zone Alarm Forum exist to allow Volunteer experienced Zone Alarm Users to help the Few Users who encounter a problem with Zone Alarm and need to be guided in the right direction to answer Questions about Zone Alarm..

It is Sometimes very Difficult to Diagnose and fix a Computer from halfway across the Country, or around the World,
    without All the Details about your computer it's Software and what type and Version of Zone Alarm and what Windows OS Type and SP Update that you failed to provide, without our ability to sit in front of your Computer monitor and see what's going on..

The More information you post the more likely users here will be able to understand the issue and try to help.
    Hi,

I am using Windows 7 X64 SP1
    Zonealarm version 11.0.780.000

Thanks

Once again more info needed;

right click the ZA icon near the clock --> About --> copy to clipboard --> Paste it here (in a reply).

if this is a Paid version.. Please remove the License Key in your Reply..

Please Give the Exact Type and version of Zone Alarm used, Windows Version & SP Update used, Browser type and version, any other security tools installed and type of router or Internet connection used.
    How do you connect to the Internet: Phone Line, Cable Modem, Router, Wi-Fi, Blue Tooth?

GeorgeV
    ZoneAlarm® Extreme Security

Monday-Saturday__ 6am to 10pm Central time

Quote Originally Posted by GeorgeV View Post
    Once again more info needed;

right click the ZA icon near the clock --> About --> copy to clipboard --> Paste it here (in a reply).

if this is a Paid version.. Please remove the License Key in your Reply..

Please Give the Exact Type and version of Zone Alarm used, Windows Version & SP Update used, Browser type and version, any other security tools installed and type of router or Internet connection used.
    How do you connect to the Internet: Phone Line, Cable Modem, Router, Wi-Fi, Blue Tooth?

ZoneAlarm Security Suite version: 11.0.780.000
    ZoneAlarm license key:
    Vsmon version: 11.0.780.000
    Driver version: 11.0.764.000
    Antivirus engine version: 8.3.1.6
    Antivirus signature DAT file version: 1129011616
    AntiSpam version: 6.3.1.4973

Using Firefox 24.0
    Windows 7X64 SP1
    9GB Ram
    Intel i7-920 CPU
    Connecting directly to the internet via University Lan
    Zonealarm Security Suite is the only Security Software running
    Windows firewall disabled

Thanks

I am afraid the last user helping creating expert rules is gone since years (user "oldsod"). You can patently browse for his old posts here but not an easy job.

There are some old web pages by Guru "Hoov" that you find here:
    http://zonealarm.donhoover.net/programs.html

Otherwise you can only hope for users browsing this forum to help. But I think the last factual post about expert rules (not bug reporting) may go back to a couple of years ago.

Sorry,
    Fax

Monday-Saturday 6am to 10pm Central time

Sorry, one offtopic post needed to go. If you think there is an issue with expert rules please report it directly to ZA official support. No use to post it here as we are all users. If you think it not worth reporting it then please request a refund, if applicable.

Alternatively you can also try the latest beta of ZA 12 as ZA 11 is likely to be replaced soon. The feedback via the web beta form will go directly to ZA development team
    www.zonealarm.com/beta

Thank you in advance for your understanding and support.

Fax
    Last edited by fax; October 12th, 2013 at 09:42 AM.

Monday-Saturday 6am to 10pm Central time

Thread Information