Thread: System requirements

Default System requirements

I had to replace my hard drive and spent many hours trying to get Internet Security Suite to install 11.0.780.000 and only succeeded when I did a clean boot. After the install completed I rebooted and now everytime I boot up normally Zonealarm seems to be running as it should but when windows comes up I get a pop up stating your system doesn't meet the installation requirement. This is on Win7 sp1 on a 3.0ghz cpu 3mb ram and a new 1TB drive. Any ideas why I am getting this message?

Default Re: System requirements

Sounds like the ZA database are corrupted. ZA databases contains the settings governing the functioning of ZA.

ZA database can get corrupted for many different reasons including but not only:

- PC hangs or crash recently;
    - Forced or incomplete shutdown;
    - Conflicts with other tools installed impairing the saving of settings;
    - Malware infections.

Granting you are not trying to remove active "network" type of entry (not possible to remove) the rest will be fixed by resetting the ZA settings or reinstalling ZA.

To reset the ZA settings you will need to go to Tools --> Preferences --> Push on the button "reset to defaults" --> Reboot the PC.
    You will loose all your customized choices.
    GeorgeV
    ZoneAlarm® Extreme Security

Click here for ZA Support
    Monday-Saturday__ 6am to 10pm Central time
    Closed Sundays and Holidays

I tried the reset to default settings, but it had no effect. Are there any data files for the installation that would automatically regenerate if deleted? I have seen in other posts that getting that warning may be caused from ZA loading up late. As many times as I attempted to install with different versions before succeeding it wouldn't surprise me if there was stray data in there.

Messages we do have to check for OS compatibility are only ever displayed at install of ZA. These messages only exist in the installer program and not in the actual application After its been installed.

Since you says this messages happens after you have installed then its not being generated by ZA.

Must be something else on your PC generating this message.

I have a lead on this problem. After booting up I started searching thru Task Manager. I found an Install.exe listed associated with Check Point Install Utility. When I forced the Install.exe to close the error message also disappeared. I went looking in Program Files\CheckPoint\Install and found the Install.exe file there along with Install.xml. Can I delete one or both of these files to remove the problem without breaking the Zonealarm installation?

After chasing this more today, I think I found a solution. There is a string in the registry:
    HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Run \Zonealarm Installer

The data in this is: "C:\Program Files\Checkpoint\Install\Launcher.exe" "C:\Program Files\Checkpoint\Install\Install.exe" /r install/C "C:\Program Files\Checkpoint\Install\Install.xml" /l /w

This is also listed in the Startup tab of msconfig. I disabled that line in msconfig and the popup about installation requirements went away.

Is this a stray entry in the registry or is there a reason it should be there?

ZoneAlarm does not recommend you removing registry entries manually.

Unfortunately support does not know about all the registry entries and we don't know what would happen if you removed this one.

We can only guess it has something to do with the installer and thats about it.

If the installer app is running after the software is installed then there was an issue at install on your PC. This could mean we didn't have enough access rights to uninstall or install properly or you have an OS issue.

Remove it at your own risk if you decide yourself to do that.

Forum Moderator

Thread Information