Thread: Diskeeper 12 and ZoneAlarm compatibility issues

Default Diskeeper 12 and ZoneAlarm compatibility issues

Could not find the moved thread on this subject but I have just upgraded to ZoneAlarm Extreme Security 11.0.780.000 and today bought Diskeeper 12 and installed. Compatibility issues do not seem to have been addressed as I ran into the same problems where the Diskeeper console will not load. Wish I had have joined this forum prior to buying Diskeeper. Any developing news on a fix? I swear by my ZoneAlarm's security and I also like my defrags on-the -fly.

Default Re: Diskeeper 12 and ZoneAlarm compatibility issues

Sorry all users here and official response points to no fix up to the next major ZA release. The next major release of ZA is currently in BETA (www.zonealarm.com/beta). If you know how to deal with beta releases you could try to install, at your own risk, to verify if the issue is resolved.

If not, you could feedback the beta team about it. They may still look for a solution.

If you just purchased DK12 you are for sure still under the possibility of asking for a refund. If you are running a recent OS (WIN7/WIN8) you are unlikely needing DK12 anyway as integrated tools in the OS already do an efficient work on your HD. Under modern systems, DK provides rather limited improvements... more marketing than reality.

Thanks,
    Fax

Click here for ZA Support
    Monday-Saturday 6am to 10pm Central time
    Closed Sundays and Holidays

Default Re: Diskeeper 12 and ZoneAlarm compatibility issues

Thanks for reply, fax. I will try the beta. I do have a recent image I can restore to if everything goes pear-shaped. If the beta doesn't fix the problem I'll try to recover my money. At the moment I'm waiting on Condusiv tech support to get back to me but they'll probably try to palm me off to ZoneAlarm tech support like previous users.

Thread Information