Thread: New ZA install calls for license renewal - is non-functional

Hybrid View

Default New ZA install calls for license renewal - is non-functional

Greetings,
    I have downloaded and clean installed 11.0.780.000 4 times to two Vista 64 machines, but every install won't work and the firewall is red calling for license renewal. The downloads have come from ZA, Cnet, filehippo - all of which provided previous working installations.

What is wrong? (yes, the BIOS dates are correct...)

Souler

Default Re: New ZA install calls for license renewal - is non-functional

Most probably ZA installer or clean.exe have not sufficient privilegies to perform the task of cleaning previous installations. i.e. cannot remove the folders. Thats the only explanations I can think on why you keep getting this warning.

First, never use other installers than the ones found in ZA servers. Full installer here:
    Looking for the latest version?

Alsway use the updated version of the clean.exe that changes at almost every new ZA release: http://download.zonealarm.com/bin/fr...load/clean.exe

Always run clean.exe AFTER you have removed ZA with the standard uninstall procedure.

If you have issues with privilegies you will still find ZA folders in the HD. Look for "checkpoint" folders in Program files folder and in application data folder. The latter is hidden and you need to make it show in the OS.

Finally, better to solve access issue before reinstalling ZA as you will experience severe usability problems if ZA cannot access your HD.

Thanks,
    Fax

Click here for ZA Support
    Monday-Saturday 6am to 10pm Central time
    Closed Sundays and Holidays

Thanks Guru. Did all that once. Will repeat.

Hi Guru,

I am having the same problem. I used to have version 11.0.768.000 working perfectly with no issue for two or three weeks until ZA disconnected me from internet access so I uninstalled it and reinstalled. After the new installation it is telling me that my license has expired. I tried the steps you mentioned and used the clean.exe with administrator rights a number of times and confirmed the CheckPoint folder disappeared and then reinstalled it again. However problem resists.

I have an ssd that has my OS and Programs and a Harddisk for data and I am thinking (NOT SURE) the problem started when I formatted the data hdd.

Please find attached screen shots.

Thanks

ZA.JPG

ZA2.JPG

ZA3.JPG

Most probably the issue is linked to your particular setup. I am afraid there is nothing we can suggest on top of what you already done.

Sorry,
    Fax

Click here for ZA Support
    Monday-Saturday 6am to 10pm Central time
    Closed Sundays and Holidays

Hi again,

Please have a look at this attachment as it may give you a hint of what is going on.

I found tens of these temp files filling the C drive and I deleted all of them manually, as the uninstallation and the clean tool did not remove them, before installing ZA again. However, after installation is complete they came back as you can see in the attachment.

Thanks

ZA4.JPG

Thread Information