Thread: Again, someone botherted by the large number of temp files associated with ZA

voyager Guest

Default Again, someone botherted by the large number of temp files associated with ZA

I have been a long time user of ZA Free. My present version is 11.0.000.504. I have Win7 x64.

For the last year or so, even through a few updates, the ZA temp files located here:
    C:\Program Data\Check Point\ZoneAlarm\Data\
    and here:
    C:\Users\All Users\Check Point\ZoneAlarm\Data\,
    cannot be deleted.

These Data folders appear to be duplicates of each other and have grown to contain about 55 temp files out of 67 files total in each.
    I see a lot of people, like myself, who are suspicious of there being a need to retain that many temp files. I have yet to find a satisfactory explanation as to why this many are required to be kept on my PC.

Yeah I know, What does it matter? I don't know. I don't care. If they do not need to be there I want them out! Can it be done?

Default Re: Again, someone botherted by the large number of temp files associated with ZA

Again, this issue has been discussed several times,
    a simple use of the Forum "SEARCH" options would reveal the following information..

Some log entries you could see in ZoneAlarm Logs :

fwdb*.txt - This are only used by ZoneAlarm in some cases for troubleshooting.If they need them they ask for them when you contact technical support.You cannot remove these files.

fwpktlog.txt - Logs the actual packet filtering logs produced by ZoneAlarm and are archived here.Do not delete this files.This can be view in Notepad.

tvDebug.log - this is the log for ZoneAlarm processes monitoring itself. If you have problems, tech support will usually request this file.You cannot remove this file.

tvDebug.log Zip - When it archives.So it doesn’t become too large.Zip file can be deleted.

avupdate0 thru avupdate9 - Archives when Antivirus Updates.You cannot remove this files.

ZALog*.txt files - ZoneAlarm security software creates a log entry every time traffic is blocked, whether an alert is displayed or not.Log entries record the traffic source and destination, ports, protocols, and other details.Also can be viewed in Notepad.This file cannot be deleted.Also archives so it doesn’t become too large.Old archived ZALOG.txt files can be deleted.

xDB*.tmp - these are created when TrueVector (the firewall service itself) is not shut down properly (system crash, using quick shutdown features, etc).I haven't seen this in a very long time here.
    GeorgeV
    ZoneAlarm® Extreme Security

Click here for ZA Support
    Monday-Saturday__ 6am to 10pm Central time
    Closed Sundays and Holidays

Thread Information