Thread: Error 1603

Hybrid View

Angry Error 1603

Hi Everyone,

I have been trying to install ZoneAlarm Pro Anti Virus and Firewall and I keep getting error 1603.

I am told this is a Windows error but I cannot find any thing that will help it. Nothing I find on this error is applicable.

I have used the ZA Cleaner to remove the previous version. Cleared all temp files and everything else associated with ZA

I have read the other couple of threads on here about this but their solutions have not helped.

I have full access to all files, so file permissions should not be the issue. System is only about 7 months old and have had no issues until this. I have installed another program with no issue since this issue occurred, but I cannot install ZA.

Does anyone have a solution for this?

I am running Windows 8 64 Bit with Windows fully up to date.

If anyone can help me with this I would really appreciate it.

Thanks for any help
    Last edited by Stang777; October 17th, 2013 at 11:25 AM.

Default Re: Error 1603

Sorry, as already you have found its not something that can be solved by ZA. You could try to do two things:

- Ensure you don't have any left overs from your previous security solutions. Look for the removal tools of previous X product and run it.
    - Try to clean up the PC from any third party software other than MS OS own files starting at boot. Laptop and branded PC often comes with a lot of proprietary junk on top of the OS system.
    - Download the ZA full installer from another computer from this location:
    Looking for the latest version?
    - Create a new user (administrator) under window8 and try to install ZA from there.

If the above fails I can only suggest a full reformat, reinstall of windows 8, update windows 8 with all patches and only then try to install ZA.

Thanks,
    Fax
    Last edited by fax; October 17th, 2013 at 01:15 AM.

Click here for ZA Support
    Monday-Saturday 6am to 10pm Central time
    Closed Sundays and Holidays

Thanks for replying Fax.

Funny thing about it not being a problem ZA can fix, it does seem to be a problem that only affects ZA. I have installed several other programs since I had this problem installing ZA and they install with no problem at all.

I have already made sure there was no trace of any programs that would interfere with this install and I have downloaded it from the other source.

This computer has already been cleared of all the things that accumulate on computers, and it is not a branded pc that came with junk on it. The only things on it are what is suppose to be there and there are very few things that load at startup. In fact, the only thing other than Windows things that have ever loaded on startup, were ZA and Malwarebytes. Now it is just Malwarebytes.

I will either try the profile thing or just give up on ZA.

There is no reason to reformat just so I can have this one program on my computer. The only problem this computer has ever encountered is the one with ZA and frankly, I am becoming disenchanted with ZA. Every year they screw with it and there are more and more problems with it, they just cannot seem to leave a good thing a good thing.

I was just an ***** to even try the new version, I should have done as I have often done before and just put the new license code in the version that was already on my system.

In any case, I thank you for your response and help
    Last edited by Stang777; October 17th, 2013 at 11:24 AM.

Sorry... I am afraid I have not other answers for you.
    If you have a valid license you can contact, free of charge, the ZA technical support at the link in my signature. We are all users here.

Thanks,
    Fax
    P.S. And when I suggest to clean up any security left overs I assumed you knew that for testing you are also supposed to remove any running third party security tool (e.g. Malwarebytes). You can install it back once you know everything works fine.
    Last edited by fax; October 17th, 2013 at 11:53 AM.

Click here for ZA Support
    Monday-Saturday 6am to 10pm Central time
    Closed Sundays and Holidays

Thread Information