Thread: Is there a way for me to regain the deleted files from a formatted hard drive?

Default Is there a way for me to regain the deleted files from a formatted hard drive?

A few days ago, my little nephew unexpectedly formatted my external hard drive, even through now I didnít figure out how he had done that yet. All my inner stored files, pictures and videos were lost. Is there any way for me to re-access them? This drive has held many files of the post years. I really donít want to lose them. Please, help me to get them back!
    Thank you very much!

Default Re: Is there a way for me to regain the deleted files from a formatted hard drive?

Quote Originally Posted by Antonya008 View Post
    A few days ago, my little nephew unexpectedly formatted my external hard drive, even through now I didnít figure out how he had done that yet. All my inner stored files, pictures and videos were lost. Is there any way for me to re-access them? This drive has held many files of the post years. I really donít want to lose them. Please, help me to get them back!
    Thank you very much!
    Hello;

Welcome to the Zone Alarm User Forum..

This Zone Alarm Forum exist to allow Volunteer experienced Zone Alarm Users to help the Few Users who encounter a problem with Zone Alarm and need to be guided in the right direction to answer Questions about Zone Alarm..

I'm Sorry to hear about your lost Pictures and files,

Zone Alarm does not have the ability to Format Hard drives, that is a Function of the Windows OS, not Zone Alarm..

If your "little nephew" had only Deleted the Files, there are "Un-Delete" utilities availed from the Internet that can sometime Restore some of the Deleted files.

However, the process of Formatting a Drive over writes every thing on the drive and creates a New "Blank" Fat Table that contains the record of file names on that drive..

So, unfortunately, Unless you have another Hard drive with a Backup of the valued files and Pictures, or Backup to CD/DVD disc, then you are probably "SOL"

Sorry...
    GeorgeV
    ZoneAlarmģ Extreme Security

Click here for ZA Support
    Monday-Saturday__ 6am to 10pm Central time
    Closed Sundays and Holidays

Thread Information