Thread: Install mistake:ZA AV retail instead of ZAfree+AV: What happens after the trial?

Default Install mistake:ZA AV retail instead of ZAfree+AV: What happens after the trial?

Hi,

I wanted to download and install ZA + AV Free but I guess I clicked the wrong link. I downloaded and installed zaAvSetupWeb_120_104_000.exe instead of zaSetupWeb_120_104_000.exe. The installer detected my prior version and I chose to upgrade my existing installation of ZA+AV Free.

So, there came the pop-up that my license has expired and I can choose "continue testing". In the lower right is a trial-license displayed 30 days left.

Despite some more options I don't see much difference to the free version. Some feature as "tune-up" and "anti-spam" are greyed out. That's good, because I really don't like and don't want those feature, especially tune-up.

Question is: IS this the PRO version and if can I just use this version for 30-days and is it then "switched" to the free version or have I to re-install the free version.

Thanks for input.

Default Re: Version confusion

After 30 days the AV will stop working while with the free version you will get the 1 automatic update every 24h. In other words, you need to remove and install the free version once the trial has expired.

I revised the thread title to reflect better the issue and will move it to the free version section as you are a ZAfree user.

Thanks,
    Fax

Click here for ZA Support
    Monday-Saturday 6am to 10pm Central time
    Closed Sundays and Holidays

Default Re: Install mistake:ZA AV retail instead of ZAfree+AV: What happens after the trial?

Hi fax,

thanks for explaining, thanks for moving the thread and thanks for re-naming the title.

Since I'm a satisfied free version user, I guess I'll remove the accidentally installed pro version RIGHT NOW and install the desired free version.

Greetings

Darklord

Default Re: Install mistake:ZA AV retail instead of ZAfree+AV: What happens after the trial?

You're welcome!

Fax

Click here for ZA Support
    Monday-Saturday 6am to 10pm Central time
    Closed Sundays and Holidays

Thread Information