Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: BSOD with Windows 8.1 and v12 of ZA Extreme Security

Default Re: BSOD with Windows 8.1 and v12 of ZA Extreme Security

Quote Originally Posted by rskurnick View Post
    Sorry but I don't just run every 3rd party tool recommended to me. I ran the NIS clean tool (that was the software that came with computer a year ago). I also uninstalled ZA and ran the ZA cleaner tool. There was no other security software on it so I didn't run that tool and I don't like messing with registry cleaners. I have seen them do more harm than good.

How about some more suggestions other than just reinstall. I'm in tech support and that is the easy answer when people won't dig for the real reason. I'm happy to provide minidmps to anyone willing to find the real solutions.

No offense guys, but a reinstall is the last thing I do after extensive search for a solution.

- Richard
    I hope that you don't still have "NIS" install,

NOTE: Running overlapping security tools even if Disabled will not improve your security, on the contrary, it will weaken your security.

Just One, Not Two -- Never use two software Firewalls at the same time.
    Completely uninstall one before installing another. Use the vendor's uninstall utility or if not available, use the Windows add/remove/Uninstall software tool in the control panel.
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Just One, Not Two -- Never use two Anti-virus products at the same time. Completely uninstall one before installing another. Use the vendor's uninstall utility or if not available, use the Windows add/remove/Uninstall software tool in the control panel.
    --------------------------------------------------------

Sorry, At this point in time I agree with Guru Fax and the Forum Moderator,

A format and complete re-install of the win 8 OS then upgrade to 8.1 will need to be done since its probably an OS issue.
    Last edited by GeorgeV; November 4th, 2013 at 04:51 PM.
    GeorgeV
    ZoneAlarm® Extreme Security

Click here for ZA Support
    Monday-Saturday__ 6am to 10pm Central time
    Closed Sundays and Holidays

Quote Originally Posted by rskurnick View Post
    How about some more suggestions other than just reinstall. - Richard
    Sorry, no other solutions to propose on locked files.

Follow what suggested here:
    http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/w...fresh-reset-pc
    a refresh and if fails a reset.

Sorry again,
    Fax

Monday-Saturday 6am to 10pm Central time

I'm sorry you think were taking the easy way out to suggest a re-install of the OS.

Unfortunately how ZA was designed years ago and still is our application does not lend itself to much troubleshooting or digging deeper in most cases.

We have a set of suggestions for issues and when those don't work there not much else we can suggest without having the PC in our possession.

Possibly since your a trained tech yourself with many years experience you can do some troubleshooting since you have the PC and we would love to hear your results. If you find the cause then the results can be helpful to other users too.

Thank you
    Forum Moderator

No offense guys, but a reinstall is the last thing I do after extensive search for a solution.

- Richard[/QUOTE]

Hi! I have installed zone alarm security on two different computers and i got blue screen error on both of them. I HAVE SUCSESSFULLY FIXED BOTH BLUE SCREEN ERRORS WITHOUT REMOVING ZONE ALARM OR REINSTALLING WINDOWS. the first comp: Lenevo with windows vista, i dissabeld Lenevo power saving service at startup and then the blue screen dissapered.
    the second comp: windows 7 64 bit, zone alarm messed up my networkcard driver and i got blue screen error i solved this by updating networkdriver to the latest version and then blue screen error fixed.
    Im surprised that zone alrm support group doesnt inform people of these easy fixes. There is alot of people out there with these problems. REMEMBER THAT YOU HAVE TO ENTER SAFE MODE AT STARTUP TO FIX THESE ERRORS BECOUSE WINDOWS WONT LET YOU BOOT NORMAL. Hope this helps for others with the same problem. Greetings from Meeka!

Were sorry there are no other solutions.

Your more than welcome to upload logs BUT support does not analyze logs only development does.

But development will look at them to gain information that may help make the software better in future releases. So you would not get a response directly on your individual logs uploaded. PM me if you want to upload them with this understanding.

So with everything that's been done there are no other solutions from this forum or support on this particular issue.

Its clear that upon the installation of Win 8.1 things went south. Uninstalls and re-installs of ZA haven't helped.

So that leaves us only with the suggestion of re-installing the OS.

Sorry this is not what your looking for or expect or want but its all that's left from the forum and support, unless another user on the forum has a suggestion for you to try.

Forum Moderator
    Last edited by Forum-Moderator; December 27th, 2013 at 04:24 PM.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information