Thread: [Solved] "domain Fixes.zip"

Default [Solved] "domain Fixes.zip"

I am using the latest ZA Free Firewall 12.0.104.000 with window 7. In the program files(x86) directory there is a file called "domain Fixes.zip" that will not let me open, move or delete it. It is in C:/program files (x86)/CheckPoint/ZoneAlarm/domainFixes. When I try to move, open or delete the file it says I need permission and I am logged on as administrator.

Can someone tell me what that file is, why was it created and how to get rid of it?

Shortstop

Default Re: "domain Fixes.zip"

Sorry all users here, no ZA development. That file is in ZA per design (I have it here too) and if you cannot removed it means its either protected or in use.

I am not sure why you want to break ZA in its program files by removing its components. You are not supposed to mess up with the ZA core components. Better to remove ZA and move to something else rather than trying to break it.

Thanks,
    Fax

Click here for ZA Support
    Monday-Saturday 6am to 10pm Central time
    Closed Sundays and Holidays

Quote Originally Posted by fax View Post
    Sorry all users here, no ZA development. That file is in ZA per design (I have it here too) and if you cannot removed it means its either protected or in use.

I am not sure why you want to break ZA in its program files by removing its components. You are not supposed to mess up with the ZA core components. Better to remove ZA and move to something else rather than trying to break it.

Thanks,
    Fax
    Did not know it was a "ZA per design". It registered as a warning in my anti-virus log and I wanted to know what it was and why it was there and why after using ZA for a long time that the file was only created 12 days ago?? Do you know the purpose of the file?

Quote Originally Posted by Shortstop View Post
    It registered as a warning in my anti-virus log and I wanted to know what it was and why it was there and why after using ZA for a long time that the file was only created 12 days ago?? Do you know the purpose of the file?

If you Uploaded file to Virustotal it will confirm it's legitimate ZoneAlarm file.

VirusTotal is a free service that analyzes suspicious files and URLs and facilitates the quick detection of viruses, worms, trojans, and all kinds of malware.

https://www.virustotal.com/en/
    Last edited by Sky Soldiers; November 10th, 2013 at 05:51 AM. Reason: Added link

Quote Originally Posted by Shortstop View Post
    When I try to move, open or delete the file it says I need permission and I am logged on as administrator.

Can someone tell me what that file is, why was it created and how to get rid of it?

Shortstop
    I agree with Guru Fax and Senior User Sky Soldiers:

Here is my two cents worth, Sorry; that File is part of both Free and Paid versions of the new Zone Alarm v12, and placed their by Checkpoint Development..

1.) ZA Development probably "PASSWORD" protected that file and content of that file may be used for some designed purpose.

2.) Guru Fax has already said that We are all Users Here and Development Team does not monitor this User supported Forum, so we can not tell you why it was created, ONLY that it is a Checkpoint Zone Alarm file and placed there by design..

3.) if you still want to get rid of that file, you must Uninstall Zone Alarm and use some other Free Firewall program..

Here is the instructions for a Clean Uninstall of Zone Alarm:

1.) Remove your current ZA version (in XP use Windows add/remove programs/Windows 7/8 Uninstall a program)

2.) Clean your system and registry with the Free Ccleaner.exe
    free ccleaner <= click here

3.) Download to your desktop and run the ZA removal tool, <= click here
    now reboot computer after running ZA Removal tool.

4.) do a Google.com search for Free Firewall

Last edited by GeorgeV; November 10th, 2013 at 06:20 AM. Reason: fix typo
    GeorgeV
    ZoneAlarm® Extreme Security

Click here for ZA Support
    Monday-Saturday__ 6am to 10pm Central time
    Closed Sundays and Holidays

I just wanted to know what the file was and why it was there. I thank everyone for their response. Now that I know it is a legit file put there by ZA I am ok with that. Only wanted to delete it if the file wasn't suppose to be there. Thanks again for every bodies quick response.

Your Welcome...

This Thread is now closed..

Thread Information