Thread: How do I remove ZoneAlarm Antispam Desktop from Outlook

Default How do I remove ZoneAlarm Antispam Desktop from Outlook

I have Outlook 2010 installed and noticed that I was getting files in a ZA spam folder. I was uncertain why as I had upgraded from ZA free to ZA Extreme security and had turned off all scanning related to email. When I dug a little deeper I found a help file that said to uninstall ZA Free AV+Firewall. Obviously that went away when I upgraded.

Is there a way to disable it or do I need to uninstall my current ZA and then reinstall it and set everything back up again?

Default Re: How do I remove ZoneAlarm Antispam Desktop from Outlook

Quote Originally Posted by malhusky View Post
    I have Outlook 2010 installed and noticed that I was getting files in a ZA spam folder. I was uncertain why as I had upgraded from ZA free to ZA Extreme security and had turned off all scanning related to email. When I dug a little deeper I found a help file that said to uninstall ZA Free AV+Firewall. Obviously that went away when I upgraded.

Is there a way to disable it or do I need to uninstall my current ZA and then reinstall it and set everything back up again?
    Hello;

I think you probably have leftover files conflicting with the ZA Extreme install, or a Corrupted install..

I have ZA Extreme Security 12.0.104 installed with Outlook 2010 running on Windows 7 64bit OS with no problems..

Try this Clean install procedure that works for lots of other users..

The instruction for a clean install are below

1. Download the latest ZA 12 version http://server.iad.liveperson.net/hc/...10&action=view
    <== click here

2. Remove your current ZA version (in XP use Windows add/remove programs/Windows 7/8 Uninstall a program)

3. Remove other security tools installed. Use http://www.appremover.com/ to double check no left overs are present.

4. Clean your system and registry with the Free Ccleaner.exe
    free ccleaner <= click here

5. Download to your desktop and run the ZA removal tool, <= click here
    now reboot computer after running ZA Removal tool.

6. Now Install the latest ZA version without touching any default settings, and Do Not Restore Saved Settings from the old install.
    Last edited by GeorgeV; January 6th, 2014 at 12:22 PM.
    GeorgeV
    ZoneAlarm® Extreme Security

Click here for ZA Support
    Monday-Saturday__ 6am to 10pm Central time
    Closed Sundays and Holidays

Thanks for the feedback. I dug a little deeper into Outlook and found an add-in called SonicWALL Anti-spam Desktop. I was able to disable it. I also saw where it was located. It appears to be a left-over from ZA free.

I don't know if ZA Extreme needs it so at some point I may have to do a fresh install as you recommended. I really did not want to have to re-enter any changes I had made.

Thanks again.

Quote Originally Posted by malhusky View Post
    Thanks for the feedback. I dug a little deeper into Outlook and found an add-in called SonicWALL Anti-spam Desktop. I was able to disable it. I also saw where it was located. It appears to be a left-over from ZA free.

I don't know if ZA Extreme needs it so at some point I may have to do a fresh install as you recommended. I really did not want to have to re-enter any changes I had made.

Thanks again.
    This is why it is very important for users to provide The More information you post the more likely users here will be able to understand the issue and try to help.

If you have Microsoft Windos 8.0 or 8.1 then the ZA TOOLBAR and Sonic Wall are not yet compatible with Windows 8.0 and 8.1.

also both are not compatible with Outlook 2013 yet..

if you uninstall Zone Alarm Extreme 12.0.104, then reboot computer, then Re-install ZA Extreme 12.0.104.000, make sure during install to "UN-CHECK" the Toolbar option during install of ZA..

Last edited by GeorgeV; January 6th, 2014 at 10:52 AM.
    GeorgeV
    ZoneAlarm® Extreme Security

Do you know if SonicWall is part of ZA Extreme? It would appear the ZA Extreme provides similar functionality so I'm not sure if they work together. I presume not. Frankly I'm not sure how SonicWall got installed.

Thanks for your commets. By the way, I am on Win7.

Hi

ZoneAlarm uses anti-spam technology from Sonicwall.

Thats why you see it installed.

So it is not going to conflict with ZoneAlarm because it was installed by ZoneAlarm on your PC.

If you disabled it from within outlook then the anti-spam function in ZA will not work.

Forum Moderator

The reason I ask is because when I disabled email scanning in ZA Extreme I noticed that Sonicwall still loaded in Outlook and still put email into the ZA spam folder. From that it appeared that they weren't talking to each other and so I figured it must be a separate program.

No problem. I can always go back and delete/reinstall everything and see what happens.

Thread Information