Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Cannot install ZA free firewall no matter what error 1619

Default Cannot install ZA free firewall no matter what error 1619

I have windows 7 64 bit OS. I went to this article and performed these steps: https://www.zonealarm.com/forums/sho...virus-Firewall I actually used revo uninstaller to remove ZA and then I manually deleted any and all folders from my pc. I also uninstalled and removed all files pertaining to avast just to make sure it was not my issue. I emptied the recycle bin and then ran the ZA cleaner and rebooted my pc. I am still getting the same error message when I try to install the latest version of ZA. I then did a system restore and went thru this entire process again and ended up with the dreaded 1619 error again. I am at a loss here and would greatly appreciate some insight on how to resolve this issue. I also tried to remove everything in safe mode and install it in safe mode as well with the exact same error again. Here is an image of the error I receive each and every time I try to install ZA free firewall even after cleaning it all up: ZA free erro 1619.PNG

Default Re: Cannot install ZA free firewall no matter what error 1619

Here is the Solution that the Forum Moderator posted here:

[SOLVED] Error #1619 trying to install ZA 11 --> Install latest version

if the above link does not work for you, make sure that you used Windows 7 "Remove a program" uninstall method then download and run the Zone Alarm Removal Tool (Clean.exe) (Download to your desktop and run the ZA removal tool, <= click here) to check for any remaining remnants before Rebooting your Computer and Downloading a Fresh Copy of Zone Alarm preferably with IE 10..

I use the Following set of instructions that works for me..

==================

1. Download the latest ZA 12 version http://server.iad.liveperson.net/hc/...10&action=view
    <== click here

2. Remove your current ZA version (in XP use Windows add/remove programs/Windows 7/8 Uninstall a program)

3. Remove other security tools installed. Use http://www.appremover.com/ to double check no left overs are present.

4. Clean your system and registry with the Free Ccleaner.exe
    free ccleaner <= click here

5. Download to your desktop and run the ZA removal tool, <= click here
    now reboot computer after running ZA Removal tool.

6. Now Install the latest ZA version without touching any default settings, and Do Not Restore Saved Settings from the old install.

If you read my post you will see that I have already followed this process to the tee and I am still getting the exact same error no matter what. I was hoping for another solution as this did not work at all for me. I have been using ZA free firewall for many years and this is the first time I have ever experienced any issues with an update like this. Obviously this is something wrong with the ZA installer package that is causing this issue because this simply should not be happening from a simple upgrade. Sorry Guru if I sounded rude in my response but this ZA upgrade is pissing me off and no doubt has a flaw in it somewhere.
    Last edited by gottuhaviet; November 19th, 2013 at 11:30 AM.

Thank you for taking the time to report back..

I'm sorry that the Solution for the 1619 Error that works for other users did not work for you..

Millions of other users have installed Zone Alarm Free with no problems so it is not a problem with the installer.

if it were a Bug in the Installer, this Forum would be FLOODED with complaints like yours..

Sorry, This may be what is known as a [One-Off] computer problem, effecting only a very few computers..

Its not a bug. The software is provided for Free. A lot of very expensive dollars go into developing Free security software,

Finally, I understand your frustration, however note that this is a user to user support platform on common ZA product issues.

Sorry, As the FREE Zone Alarm has no Official Support other than users of this Forum, and if the solutions already offered did not work for you, maybe you should consider alternative Free Software?

I have no other Suggestions, maybe other Users will offer another suggestion..

Regards;
    GeorgeV
    Last edited by GeorgeV; November 19th, 2013 at 02:25 PM. Reason: fix typo

I have 3 suggestions to offer:

1. check you're logged in as administrator when installing the software.

2. maybe just a corrupted download. Check the official download site back later and try again.

3. check you're not running other security software at the same time, because that can break the installation process.

Hello,

Can you reproduce the same error then collect the Installer logs and then PM me your email address when you have them.

We would like to get them to take a look at them.

Here is how to find the logs
    (logs are always created as soon as the installer runs)

1. The install.log is located in a Temp folder. To find it click Start >> Run >> type in the Open dialog box: %Temp% and then enter.
    2. The temp folder will open. The ZA temp folder has a bunch of random numbers and letters. There could be many of these folders. You must find the Most recently created folder (by the date and time stamp of the folder) The folder looks like this but won’t be the same as this: {6BBB3C5E-6BDE-439B-81A4-5EAE82F0228A}
    3. When you find the most recent folder that’s where the install.log file is located.

When you find it copy the copy to your desktop then PM me your email address so we can get that file.
    Click here for ZA Support
    Monday-Saturday__ 6am to 10pm Central time
    Closed Sundays and Holidays

Quote Originally Posted by Forum-Moderator View Post
    Hello,

Can you reproduce the same error then collect the Installer logs and then PM me your email address when you have them.

We would like to get them to take a look at them.

Here is how to find the logs
    (logs are always created as soon as the installer runs)

1. The install.log is located in a Temp folder. To find it click Start >> Run >> type in the Open dialog box: %Temp% and then enter.
    2. The temp folder will open. The ZA temp folder has a bunch of random numbers and letters. There could be many of these folders. You must find the Most recently created folder (by the date and time stamp of the folder) The folder looks like this but won’t be the same as this: {6BBB3C5E-6BDE-439B-81A4-5EAE82F0228A}
    3. When you find the most recent folder that’s where the install.log file is located.

When you find it copy the copy to your desktop then PM me your email address so we can get that file.
    Hello, I have the same problem. Lenovo laptop running windows 8. I have unistalled zone alarm downloaded the latest free version and get the same 1619 error. I found my install.log and can send it to you. Let me know how.

Quote Originally Posted by Maroonga View Post
    Hello, I have the same problem. Lenovo laptop running windows 8. I have unistalled zone alarm downloaded the latest free version and get the same 1619 error. I found my install.log and can send it to you. Let me know how.
    Just Follow the Instructions from the Forum Moderator that you Quoted..

Send a "PM" (Private Message) to the Forum Moderator with your Email Address in the Private Message..

How to send a PM? just click on the "user Name" on the Upper Left of Post. Forum-Moderator

and follow directions in the POP-UP window.
    Last edited by GeorgeV; January 25th, 2014 at 04:36 AM.
    GeorgeV
    ZoneAlarm® Extreme Security

Thanks GeorgeV. I sent a PM to the Forum Moderator and received a PM in response in which I was told "no email or personal support is provided". Only support is through the forum. So now I am confused.

So my question to the Forum Moderator is: Did you get a response from DarkLord666 regarding the 1619 issue when you asked for their log file? If so can you share what you found?

Another question to the Forum Moderator is: I have the same issue, do you want a copy of my log file?

Can anyone share their solution to the 1619 Error when attempting to install the free zone alarm file. I have tried version 120_118_000.

Hopefully, yes.
    Thanks.

Your message was forwarded and you will get an email from someone soon.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information