Results 1 to 8 of 8

Thread: ZoneAlarm Extreme Security Firewall [ON MY Computer] Fails GRC ShieldsUp! Test

  1. #1

    Default ZoneAlarm Extreme Security Firewall [ON MY Computer] Fails GRC ShieldsUp! Test

    Hey All, just thought you would like to know that ZA Extreme Security firewall [ON MY Computer] fails consistently on the GRC ShieldsUp! test. I tested it and it failed as well on the last version as well as the new updated one as well. I'm running...

    ZoneAlarm Extreme Security version: 12.0.104.00
    Vsmon version: 12.0.104.000
    Driver version: 12.0.102.000
    Antivirus engine version: 8.3.2.4
    Antivirus signature DAT file version: 1131826880
    AntiSpam version: 6.3.1.4973
    Last edited by GeorgeV; November 22nd, 2013 at 11:49 AM. Reason: Corrected Misleading statement

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    Texas Gulf Coast
    Posts
    1,648

    Default Re: ZoneAlarm Extreme Security Firewall Consistently Fails GRC ShieldsUp! Test

    You need to get acquainted with the Help Menu so you can learn to configure ZoneAlarm:

    http://download.zonealarm.com/bin/in...2&dest=support

    ZoneAlarm is a Two-way Firewall: Locks out hackers, blocks intrusions and makes your PC invisible online.

    If you are using a single, non-networked PC, the traffic source list displays only your ISPís (Internet Service Providerís) network, which should be in the Public Zone.

    If your behind router doing Network Address Translation (NAT) read the following.

    Is your computer on a Local Area Network (LAN)

    Configuring a new network connection:

    http://download.zonealarm.com/bin/in...paid/71585.htm

    Also read in the same link." In This Section "

    Maybe this will point you in the right direction.

    Note:One way to check is with the ipconfig /all command.It should show what IP is used by your computer, either an IP that is public or an IP of a private network.

    See ipconfig /all

    http://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/l.../bb490921.aspx

    Also read the following.There are a number of sources of open ports:

    https://www.grc.com/su/portstatusinfo.htm

    Have no other suggestions to offer.If valid current license contact support:

    http://www.zonealarm.com/security/en...ce-support.htm
    Last edited by Sky Soldiers; November 22nd, 2013 at 06:32 PM. Reason: Note,open ports,reword

  3. #3

    Default Re: ZoneAlarm Extreme Security Firewall Consistently Fails GRC ShieldsUp! Test

    Quote Originally Posted by Sky Soldiers View Post
    You need to get acquainted with the Help Menu so you can learn to configure ZoneAlarm:

    http://download.zonealarm.com/bin/in...2&dest=support

    ZoneAlarm is a Two-way Firewall: Locks out hackers, blocks intrusions and makes your PC invisible online.

    If you are using a single, non-networked PC, the traffic source list displays only your ISPís (Internet Service Providerís) network, which should be in the Public Zone.

    If your behind router doing Network Address Translation (NAT) read the following.

    Is your computer on a Local Area Network (LAN)

    Configuring a new network connection:

    http://download.zonealarm.com/bin/in...paid/71585.htm

    Also read in the same link." In This Section "

    Maybe this will point you in the right direction.

    Note:One way to check is with the ipconfig /all command.It should show what IP is used by your computer, either an IP that is public or an IP of a private network.

    See ipconfig /all

    http://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/l.../bb490921.aspx

    Also read the following.There are a number of sources of open ports:

    https://www.grc.com/su/portstatusinfo.htm

    Have no other suggestions to offer.If valid current license contact support:

    http://www.zonealarm.com/security/en...ce-support.htm
    Thanks for your reply. I checked everything on your list. I do have ZA configured properly. There is nothing wrong with my configuration. ZA still fails ShieldsUp! test, specifically, that my system replied to an ICMP Echo request even though my firewall settings are set to high security. I find it hard to believe that I am the only one this is happening to. Thanks for your time.

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    Texas Gulf Coast
    Posts
    1,648

    Default Re: ZoneAlarm Extreme Security Firewall Consistently Fails GRC ShieldsUp! Test

    ZoneAlarm Advanced Firewall should be set to High for Public Zone and at Med for Trusted Zone.

    You don't mention if your behind router doing Network Address Translation (NAT).ShieldsUp! is checking your router facing the internet and thats what GRC is testing, not ZoneAlarm.Check the router settings.

    Router configuration is issue for not fully Stealth.Most routers can be configured using Web-based user interface to configure the router settings.

    If that is not the case and using non-networked PC.Then ShieldsUp! is checking ZoneAlarm and is not properly configured to pass test.

    Out of suggestion here.Unless other users chime in.

    If valid current license contact support to address issue.You have the link.

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Nov 2004
    Location
    localhost
    Posts
    17,291

    Default Re: ZoneAlarm Extreme Security Firewall [ON MY Computer] Fails GRC ShieldsUp! Test

    As Sky Soldier is suggesting looks like more an issue with the router/modem configuation. As it is the one facing the internet not ZA.

    Click here for ZA Support
    Monday-Saturday 6am to 10pm Central time
    Closed Sundays and Holidays

  6. #6

    Default Re: ZoneAlarm Extreme Security Firewall [ON MY Computer] Fails GRC ShieldsUp! Test

    Hi,

    this issue looks very similar to a problem of mine with GRC shields up! service.

    The problem seems to be allocated on GRC's side.

    Take a look on this thread and on the newsgroups of GRC.

  7. #7
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    Texas Gulf Coast
    Posts
    1,648

    Default Re: ZoneAlarm Extreme Security Firewall [ON MY Computer] Fails GRC ShieldsUp! Test

    Quote Originally Posted by Darklord666 View Post
    Hi,

    this issue looks very similar to a problem of mine with GRC shields up! service.

    The problem seems to be allocated on GRC's side.

    Take a look on this thread and on the newsgroups of GRC.

    Never had that issue here.Here one PC only.It's behind old DI-604 hard wired router in use since 2007.Had to Stealth Port 113 Service IDENT using Web-based user interface to configure the router settings to be fully Stealth in testing Common Ports & All Service Ports.

    Note: Just now tested to confirm, " Your system has achieved a perfect "TruStealth" rating ".

    Win 7/64
    IE 10
    Zonealarm PRO Antivirus + Firewall 12.0.104.000
    Last edited by Sky Soldiers; November 25th, 2013 at 12:16 PM. Reason: Note

  8. #8

    Default Re: ZoneAlarm Extreme Security Firewall [ON MY Computer] Fails GRC ShieldsUp! Test

    Quote Originally Posted by Sky Soldiers View Post
    Never had that issue here.Here one PC only.It's behind old DI-604 hard wired router in use since 2007.Had to Stealth Port 113 Service IDENT using Web-based user interface to configure the router settings to be fully Stealth in testing Common Ports & All Service Ports.

    Note: Just now tested to confirm, " Your system has achieved a perfect "TruStealth" rating ".

    Win 7/64
    IE 10
    Zonealarm PRO Antivirus + Firewall 12.0.104.000
    AFAIK, this problem was only related to FritzBox!-routers.
    The result of the scan on all service ports is a blue digonal line, meaning closed instead of stealth. All other ports are recognized as stealth.
    I repeated the GRC scan right now and had the same results.
    Other vulnerability scaners I know show only important ports and those are all "stealth". Anyway, there's no matter of concern.

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Similar Threads

  1. Replies: 1
    Last Post: July 1st, 2011, 01:36 AM
  2. Extreme security update fails
    By chriscp in forum ZoneAlarm Anti-virus & Anti-spyware
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: April 10th, 2011, 05:22 AM
  3. My computer crashed afterwards i cannot access any firewall test sites
    By atcase101 in forum ZoneAlarm Free Firewall
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: July 8th, 2010, 02:40 AM
  4. ZoneAlarm Security Extreme installation fails
    By Chakulchimay in forum ZoneAlarm Installation
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: October 26th, 2009, 01:26 AM
  5. ZoneAlarm Extreme Security Firewall
    By para1 in forum ZoneAlarm Installation
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: October 12th, 2009, 05:51 AM

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •