Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Zone Alarm Home Page

Default Zone Alarm Home Page

I have Zone Alarm set as home page on start up is the message below legit one from Check Point.?[~snip~
    Last edited by GeorgeV; November 27th, 2013 at 12:39 PM. Reason: Removed Possible Malware Attachment..

Default Re: Zone Alarm Home Page

I would suggest the following.

Check hosts file.Open with notepad if it has being changed.You can do web search for default hosts file setting.

Malware Clean-up Guidance:

https://www.zonealarm.com/forums/sho...an-up-Guidance

Out of suggestions here unless other users chime in for solution.
    Last edited by Sky Soldiers; November 27th, 2013 at 11:21 AM. Reason: typo

It's not ZA, you probably have some spyware or adware that got installed.

Click here for ZA Support
    Monday-Saturday 6am to 10pm Central time
    Closed Sundays and Holidays

That pop-up is definitely NOT legit. Besides the advice Sky soldiers gave, I recommend an anti-adware sweep with adwcleaner. Download from here.
    The site is german but you should have no problems to get the right link.

Quote Originally Posted by Darklord666 View Post
    I recommend an anti-adware sweep with adwcleaner.
    If you do take Darklord suggestion.Under Folders & Registry make sure to uncheck ZoneAlarm Toolbar in both.

Note: Just need to take a close look what your about to delete.Almost forgot.It will also take out " Do Not Track ".I look for it, but could not be identified.

So stick with Malware Clean-up Guidance

Did Restore Point to get Do Not Track to work once again.Using Win 7/64 here.

You didn't mention OS in use.Just a reminder that System Restoe will break ZoneAlarm in XP.

I always make Restore Point & full disk image to external drive before using this type of programs.
    Last edited by Sky Soldiers; November 27th, 2013 at 03:02 PM. Reason: Note, forgot DNT

Thanks for the info guys .I have 7 Home Premium.Tried all solutions suggested as yet no luck.Have gained some more info from a mate will try that and report back.
    Forgot to mention ZA Privacy Service has stopped working on occasions this last few days not sure on that also.
    Last edited by Dink; November 28th, 2013 at 05:15 AM. Reason: Additition

Hello;

The More information you post the more likely users here will be able to understand the issue and try to help.

**What Version # of ZA do you have installed installed (right click the ZA icon near the clock --> about --> copy to clipboard --> paste it here in a reply)?? (Remove License Key if present )

Please Give the Exact Type and version of Zone Alarm used, Windows Version & SP Update used, Browser type and version, any other security tools installed and type of router or Internet connection used

Have you followed ALL of the instructions on Malware Clean-up Guidance:

https://www.zonealarm.com/forums/sho...an-up-Guidance
    Last edited by GeorgeV; November 28th, 2013 at 05:53 AM.
    GeorgeV
    ZoneAlarm® Extreme Security

Monday-Saturday__ 6am to 10pm Central time

Quote Originally Posted by Dink View Post
    Forgot to mention ZA Privacy Service has stopped working on occasions this last few days not sure on that also.
    More information you post more likely users may get a better handle to chime in to address your issue.

Don't forget to Right click the ZA icon near the clock > about > Copy to clipboard > Paste it in your reply.

If using paid product with valid license.Contact support:

http://www.zonealarm.com/security/en...ce-support.htm

Note: If all the above fails.Seek help at Bleeping Computer malware removal forum.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/foru...questing-help/

Have a Happy Thanksgiving to all Forum users.

Hopefully be back in a few months.

Charles

Hi Guys
    The advert is a widget being delivered by an I Frame from d.startpagea.com .
    We have checked on other PCs not using Zone Alarm and going direct to Home page and the advert is appearing on their PCs also .
    Mine was across the board Firefox.Chrome and IE all the latest versions I use Zone Alarm Free Suite .Nothing is picking this up as malware but has been blocked in hosts .Used Malwarebytes ,Antivirus in Zone alarm .SuperAntiSyware and Spybot and al of above methods .But now blocked.
    Last edited by Dink; November 28th, 2013 at 12:44 PM. Reason: typo

Quote Originally Posted by Dink View Post
    Hi Guys
    The advert is a widget being delivered by an I Frame from d.startpagea.com .
    We have checked on other PCs not using Zone Alarm and going direct to Home page and the advert is appearing on their PCs also .
    Mine was across the board Firefox.Chrome and IE all the latest versions I use Zone Alarm Free Suite .Nothing is picking this up as malware but has been blocked in hosts .Used Malwarebytes ,Antivirus in Zone alarm .SuperAntiSyware and Spybot and al of above methods .But now blocked.
    Sorry; We need more information..
    There is a good Reason why we asked for the Information that we needed..

**What Version # of ZA do you have installed installed (right click the ZA icon near the clock --> about --> copy to clipboard --> paste it here in a reply)?? (Remove License Key if present )

Please Give the Exact Type and version of Zone Alarm used, Windows Version & SP Update used, Browser type and version, any other security tools installed and type of router or Internet connection used
    1.) there is no Zone Alarm Free Suite ?

2.) *** NOTICE: Please note that ZAAV, ZA Pro + AV, ZASS and ZA Extreme Security do not play nice with many overlapping security tools (even if they are disabled).

Just One, Not Two -- Never use two software Firewalls at the same time. Completely uninstall one before installing another. Use the vendor's uninstall utility or if not available, use the Windows XP/Win7 add/remove software tool in the control panel.
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Just One, Not Two -- Never use two Anti-virus products at the same time. Completely uninstall one before installing another. Use the vendor's uninstall utility or if not available, use the Windows XP/Win7 add/remove software tool in the control panel.

*** For example, the Following programs may not work well with ZoneAlarm, Kaspersky (KAV) or (KISS),Norton/Symantec, McAfee, Spysweeper, NOD32, Spyware Doctor, Trojan hunter, adware, SpyBotSearch & Destroy, PC tools Threat Fire, any other Anti-Virus program, some Anti-Spyware programs, Registry Guard or Registry locking tools, etc...
    GeorgeV
    ZoneAlarm® Extreme Security

Monday-Saturday__ 6am to 10pm Central time

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information