Thread: Zone Alarm Home Page

Threaded View

Default Re: Zone Alarm Home Page

Quote Originally Posted by GeorgeV View Post
    Sorry; We need more information..
    There is a good Reason why we asked for the Information that we needed..

1.) there is no Zone Alarm Free Suite ?

2.) *** NOTICE: Please note that ZAAV, ZA Pro + AV, ZASS and ZA Extreme Security do not play nice with many overlapping security tools (even if they are disabled).

Just One, Not Two -- Never use two software Firewalls at the same time. Completely uninstall one before installing another. Use the vendor's uninstall utility or if not available, use the Windows XP/Win7 add/remove software tool in the control panel.
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Just One, Not Two -- Never use two Anti-virus products at the same time. Completely uninstall one before installing another. Use the vendor's uninstall utility or if not available, use the Windows XP/Win7 add/remove software tool in the control panel.

*** For example, the Following programs may not work well with ZoneAlarm, Kaspersky (KAV) or (KISS),Norton/Symantec, McAfee, Spysweeper, NOD32, Spyware Doctor, Trojan hunter, adware, SpyBotSearch & Destroy, PC tools Threat Fire, any other Anti-Virus program, some Anti-Spyware programs, Registry Guard or Registry locking tools, etc...
    ZA Free AntivirusFirewall version: 12.0.104.000
    Vsmon version: 12.0.104.000
    Driver version: 12.0.102.000
    Antivirus engine version: 8.3.2.4
    Antivirus signature DAT file version: 1132232288

Hi GeorgeV thats the current ZA version I use- I do have spybot on also and have taken note of your comments about conflicts .I use Firefox version 25.0.1. As to malwarebytes removed thats all latest update to windows 7 was 4.5 net framework. As per my PM I am not tech minded so take note of a professional on the matter.Sorry I called it a suite .As to the widget it is appearing on other users PC different system can't give you any details there they do not have any Zone Alarm products but the widget appears going to Zone Alarm start page or page set as home page.don't know if the widget is legit or not hope that helps .The widget has been blocked in hosts here don't know how to explain how that was done due to my lack of tech knowledge.Thank you again for the information about conflicts that good advise and noted .The scans I did are with stand alone products however I guess even those will not like a combo .All the other Browsers installed are current and checked regularly for updates bur rarely used the widget was showing on those to as you will understand
    Last edited by Dink; November 29th, 2013 at 01:02 AM. Reason: add

Thread Information