Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Zone Alarm Home Page

Default Re: Zone Alarm Home Page

Quote Originally Posted by GeorgeV View Post
    Sorry; We need more information..
    There is a good Reason why we asked for the Information that we needed..

1.) there is no Zone Alarm Free Suite ?

2.) *** NOTICE: Please note that ZAAV, ZA Pro + AV, ZASS and ZA Extreme Security do not play nice with many overlapping security tools (even if they are disabled).

Just One, Not Two -- Never use two software Firewalls at the same time. Completely uninstall one before installing another. Use the vendor's uninstall utility or if not available, use the Windows XP/Win7 add/remove software tool in the control panel.
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Just One, Not Two -- Never use two Anti-virus products at the same time. Completely uninstall one before installing another. Use the vendor's uninstall utility or if not available, use the Windows XP/Win7 add/remove software tool in the control panel.

*** For example, the Following programs may not work well with ZoneAlarm, Kaspersky (KAV) or (KISS),Norton/Symantec, McAfee, Spysweeper, NOD32, Spyware Doctor, Trojan hunter, adware, SpyBotSearch & Destroy, PC tools Threat Fire, any other Anti-Virus program, some Anti-Spyware programs, Registry Guard or Registry locking tools, etc...
    ZA Free AntivirusFirewall version: 12.0.104.000
    Vsmon version: 12.0.104.000
    Driver version: 12.0.102.000
    Antivirus engine version: 8.3.2.4
    Antivirus signature DAT file version: 1132232288

Hi GeorgeV thats the current ZA version I use- I do have spybot on also and have taken note of your comments about conflicts .I use Firefox version 25.0.1. As to malwarebytes removed thats all latest update to windows 7 was 4.5 net framework. As per my PM I am not tech minded so take note of a professional on the matter.Sorry I called it a suite .As to the widget it is appearing on other users PC different system can't give you any details there they do not have any Zone Alarm products but the widget appears going to Zone Alarm start page or page set as home page.don't know if the widget is legit or not hope that helps .The widget has been blocked in hosts here don't know how to explain how that was done due to my lack of tech knowledge.Thank you again for the information about conflicts that good advise and noted .The scans I did are with stand alone products however I guess even those will not like a combo .All the other Browsers installed are current and checked regularly for updates bur rarely used the widget was showing on those to as you will understand
    Last edited by Dink; November 29th, 2013 at 01:02 AM. Reason: add

I would really recommend to post your logs at Bleepingcomputer or SpywareHammer and have the volunteers there cleaning your system properly as it does not seems that your system is in good shape.

It will take sometime but at the end you will be sure your system is clean and operational. On top, they will guide you step-by-step through the process.

Thanks,
    Fax

Click here for ZA Support
    Monday-Saturday 6am to 10pm Central time
    Closed Sundays and Holidays

Quote Originally Posted by fax View Post
    I would really recommend to post your logs at Bleepingcomputer or SpywareHammer and have the volunteers there cleaning your system properly as it does not seems that your system is in good shape.

It will take sometime but at the end you will be sure your system is clean and operational. On top, they will guide you step-by-step through the process.

Thanks,
    Fax
    Thanks for the recommendation Fax .
    The problem relates to a widget as described earlier .Which appeared on Zone Alarms Home page .However using another PC and getting to the home page which is just a blank page with a search bar in the middle.That PC had the same message appearing which was for a download of a Reg Cleaner .The message appears on either computer using cable or ADSL .There is also a link on the page pertaining to be from Amazon and takes you to Amazon.The Amazon link is related to Zone Alarm we think.
    A full scan by Zone Alarm shows nothing nor Malwarebytes now removed .
    The other PC we checked the Home Page on is at another address same result -the message?
    Last edited by Dink; November 29th, 2013 at 05:18 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Dink View Post
    .The message appears on either computer using cable or ADSL .There is also a link on the page pertaining to be from Amazon and takes you to Amazon.The Amazon link is related to Zone Alarm we think.
    The other PC we checked the Home Page on is at another address same result -the message?
    Unfortunately, Users on this Forum have no way of telling if you have tried any of the suggestions we have made, or if they worked on your computer?

It is Sometimes very Difficult to
    Diagnose and fix a Computer from halfway across the Country, or around the World,
    without our ability to sit in front of your Computer monitor and see what's going on..

That is why Guru Fax recommend for you to post your Computer logs at Bleepingcomputer or SpywareHammer <= click here
    web site and have their volunteers Experts try cleaning your computer system properly as it does not seems that your system is in good shape.

It will take sometime but at the end you will be sure your system is clean and operational. On top, they will guide you step-by-step through the process as long as you are willing to follow ALL of their instructions.

If "BleepingComputer" can not help you, then you may need to Find Professional Help in your area that can look at your computer and help you resolve your issue..
    Last edited by GeorgeV; November 29th, 2013 at 10:17 AM. Reason: fix typos
    GeorgeV
    ZoneAlarm® Extreme Security

Monday-Saturday__ 6am to 10pm Central time

Quote Originally Posted by Dink View Post
    Thanks for the recommendation Fax .
    The problem relates to a widget as described earlier .Which appeared on Zone Alarms Home page .However using another PC and getting to the home page which is just a blank page with a search bar in the middle.That PC had the same message appearing which was for a download of a Reg Cleaner .The message appears on either computer using cable or ADSL .There is also a link on the page pertaining to be from Amazon and takes you to Amazon.The Amazon link is related to Zone Alarm we think.
    This is exactly why both PCs needs a good manual look that you can only get at the already mentioned websites. There are specific tools you can run to get rid of all those but you need to do it under the supervision of an expert. Earlier you address it better it is especially if these PCs are used for financial transations or online shopping.

Thanks,
    Fax

Monday-Saturday 6am to 10pm Central time

Thanks, I've had this looked into a bit more.

After further investigation I can confirm that the iframe ad on search.zonealarm.com appears on other peoples computers who have never been to the site before and do not have any zonealarm products.

The iframe code in source view is commented as Job9783 so it could be a legit but ugly ad.
    screenshot02.jpg

has no-one actually looked at the site in question?
    Last edited by Dink; November 29th, 2013 at 11:42 AM.

It also shows up when viewing the site on a friend's laptop in Chromium browser running on Mint Linux, as can be seen here
    pic.png

- so it's certainly not a windows registry infection or windows virus and is not specific to my computer.

This Zone Alarm Forum exist to allow Volunteer experienced Zone Alarm Users to help the Few Users who encounter a problem with Zone Alarm and need to be guided in the right direction to answer Questions about Zone Alarm..

in Answer to your repeated Quarry, Here is a Quote from the Forum Moderator.

Until you follow the directions given support won't be able to help you.

You never confirmed to the Guru that you followed his directions, just questions after question and no confirmation.

If you come for Help then follow their directions Please...

Forum Moderator
    https://www.zonealarm.com/forums/sho...3-BSOD-Win7x32
    Last edited by GeorgeV; November 30th, 2013 at 05:48 AM. Reason: fix typos
    GeorgeV
    ZoneAlarm® Extreme Security

Monday-Saturday__ 6am to 10pm Central time

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information