Thread: Popup off screen > The issue is caused mainly by un-standard video setup

Hybrid View

Default Popup off screen > The issue is caused mainly by un-standard video setup

I have the following installed:
    ZoneAlarm Free Firewall version: 12.0.104.000
    Vsmon version: 12.0.104.000
    Driver version: 12.0.102.000

I have windows 8.1installed.
    I have a Dell m3800 it has a very high resolution and so the DPI needs to be set very high. This is causing the popups to appear off screen. Skype and other tools can handle this so I know that this can be solved.
    This is incredibly annoying as it means that you have to change the dpi to set the popup and then change back again. Hardly a great user experience.

Default Re: Popup off screen

Please search the board before posting. This problem has already been discussed and workaround already mentioned here:
    https://www.zonealarm.com/forums/sho...n-(Windows-8-1)

It is by design and there is nothing that could be done here to change it.

Thanks,
    Fax
    Last edited by fax; December 5th, 2013 at 12:13 AM.

Click here for ZA Support
    Monday-Saturday 6am to 10pm Central time
    Closed Sundays and Holidays

I will open this thread for a week for CONSTRUCTIVE feedback and help with your issue only.

Any posts from anyone or the OP that are negative, not helping the OP with the issue will be deleted.

This thread is not open for general comments or thoughts the responses in it.
    ----------------------------------------------------

The issue is caused mainly by un-standard video setup, from the monitor/tv, screen resolution, DPI, System font size, accessibility screen character size , will all make ZA look odd and move screens and popups off the screen.

There is nothing we can do about this because of the basic foundation of how our interface was created. We have a custom interface that does not follow Microsoft norms and while it gives us certain advantages it creates this disadvantage for users with non-typical displays and settings unfortunately.

It’s not a bug or anything that can just be fixed.

It would require a complete redesign and since we have over 3 million users and a small handful that ever run into this issue because the majority of people don’t have extreme or custom video setups for their PC’s that ZA runs on.

There is nothing we can tell you that will fix it, you will have to experiment and change settings that I mentioned above to find something that works if you can.

Many times just the monitor or tv is the issue cause its size and resolution.

We understand you may feel other compnaies dont have theses issues and we canot tell you what you should do or decided as far as thats concerned.

Forum Moderator
    Last edited by Forum-Moderator; December 5th, 2013 at 09:48 AM.
    Monday-Saturday__ 6am to 10pm Central time

Hi, I understand that it would be extremely difficult and from what you are saying currently, there isn't enough demand for this to be a priority. I think with the new amount of high def screens that this may become more of an issue.

The reason of my email reply though, was because the link in your first response, points to this thread and not one with a work around. Can this be updated or a new reply with the correct link be added please.

Obviously, I am unaware of how the software has been created, but could there be a simpler change where settings allow the popup to appear in the top left corner or a configurable corner, as I am assuming that this would then make it always appear on screen or make the dialog dragable so that it could be dragged into view? Or how about a tray icon that has a menu that could be used to center the popup or allow/deny.
    I am just trying to suggest solutions. Sorry if you have been through all of these.

Just to labor the point once more. I ma using a brand new 15" laptop that has a ultra HD resolution display. This means that to be usable, I have to have the text to be larger.

Thanks again and I do appreciate the free software and love the work that you guys/girls put into supplying this.

Thanks, Anthony

Quote Originally Posted by Dewy View Post
    The reason of my email reply though, was because the link in your first response, points to this thread and not one with a work around. Can this be updated or a new reply with the correct link be added please.
    Probably bad luck as the link was corrected just few minutes after post... So probably you have clicked to it only once. Workaround is to set DPI to 100%

Default SAME as some others.. win 8.1 and Suspicious behaviour box only partially seen

Hi i can on;y see the top of the susicious behavior box.. its prevention other programs from completeing.. i am on windows 8.1 and only just dloaded zone alarm today version

ZoneAlarm Free Firewall version: 12.0.104.000
    Vsmon version: 12.0.104.000
    Driver version: 12.0.102.000

~~snip~~

thanks and i await your reply..
    Last edited by fax; December 7th, 2013 at 03:51 AM. Reason: offtopic

Moved the post to an existing OPEN thread to avoid duplication and removed some offtopic remarks. Please next time search the board before posting to find the relevant information. Moving DPI to 100% should resolve your issue.

We can't add anything in here more than this. Please stick to the issue as other offtopic remarks will be removed without further notice.

Thank you in advance for your understanding and support.
    Fax
    Last edited by GeorgeV; January 22nd, 2014 at 07:58 AM.

Thread Information