Thread: List of blocked IP addresses even after rebuilding machine.

Default List of blocked IP addresses even after rebuilding machine.

Hello ZA forumites. To get straight to business, we're having (or rather my father is having) quite the issue with suddenly getting a list of blocked outbound addresses just after rebuilding computers on our network from a backup.

In the last week or so we had to remove several viruses from a couple different computers, and my father had to rebuild his office computer (supposed to be for work only) from scratch. He's set his security to the most paranoid level possible, but is still apparently getting blocks from other machines immediately after doing nothing more than putting Windows and ZA back on.

For an example, the attached list is just from one of the other computers - the one I'm typing from.

His main concern is that a list of blocked outbound attempts does not necessarily mean a safe computer: he can't review every single one that WAS let through and is wanting to know who the **** is calling out and what they're trying to say.

Now I'm not stupid; I've studied for Cisco networking stuff. But I need a list of applications and processes to have a decent idea WHAT is trying to go WHERE. The 'where' doesn't tell me much unless its known as a spam/virus/scam site.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Default Re: List of blocked IP addresses even after rebuilding machine.

Welcome to the Zone Alarm User Forum..

This Zone Alarm Forum exist to allow Volunteer experienced Zone Alarm Users to help the Few Users who encounter a problem with Zone Alarm and need to be guided in the right direction to answer Questions about Zone Alarm..

The More information you post the more likely users here will be able to understand the issue and try to help.

It is Sometimes very Difficult to Diagnose and fix a Computer from halfway across the Country, or around the World,
    without All the Details about your computer it's Software and what type and Version of Zone Alarm that you failed to provide, without our ability to sit in front of your Computer monitor and see what's going on..

Right click the ZA icon --> About --> Copy to clipboard --> Paste it in a reply. Please remove the license key information.

Also please specify the exact version of the Operating System. XP? VISTA? Windows 7? Windows 8? SP1 SP2 SPX?

NOTE: The ALL of the source & Destination IP's in the attached Screen image are ALL From Inside your own local Network..
    Last edited by GeorgeV; February 24th, 2014 at 12:39 PM.

Thread Information