Thread: Microsoft (R) Console Based Script is trying to access the internet

Default Microsoft (R) Console Based Script is trying to access the internet

I am getting an alert from my Zonealarm firewall: "Microsoft (R) Console Based Script is trying to access the internet". The warning gives a few more details: Application: C:\"Windows\SysWOW64\cscript.exe.

Should I allow or deny it? I don't know what it is. It doesn't sound bad.

Default Re: Microsoft (R) Console Based Script is trying to access the internet

Quote Originally Posted by pheel View Post
    I am getting an alert from my Zonealarm firewall: "Microsoft (R) Console Based Script is trying to access the internet". The warning gives a few more details: Application: C:\"Windows\SysWOW64\cscript.exe.

Should I allow or deny it? I don't know what it is. It doesn't sound bad.
    That is a Microsoft function.. I suggest that you allow it..

If you don't trust Windows OS functions to access the Internet, then you might as well Trade your computer in for an Apple Computer.. :-(

Are you saying that it is obviously safe to allow this script? If something starts with "Microsoft...", like this, it is clearly Microsoft; not some kind of virus?

If it is obvious, why did ZoneAlarm send me an alert? Is ZoneAlarm free not very good?

Quote Originally Posted by GeorgeV View Post
    That is a Microsoft function.. I suggest that you allow it..

If you don't trust Windows OS functions to access the Internet, then you might as well Trade your computer in for an Apple Computer.. :-(

If you do not trust the FREE Firewall security program you installed,
    then it is Better for you to uninstall it and look for an alternative FREE Firewall..

Thank you for your reply.

I didn't say I don't trust ZoneAlarm. But why does it alert me about a script if it's from Microsoft?
    Last edited by GeorgeV; January 10th, 2014 at 04:38 PM. Reason: Some Comments had to go

Depends on the ZA version used and the state of your settings (corrupted? Incorrect?). Provide full details of the exact version you use (right click the ZA icon near the clock --> about --> copy to clipboard --> paste it in a reply) and also specify which settings have you changed from default. Some information on your system would also help! OS? Other security tools installed?

Thanks,
    Fax

Click here for ZA Support
    Monday-Saturday 6am to 10pm Central time
    Closed Sundays and Holidays

Thread Information