Thread: Disk Encryption

Default Disk Encryption

Does ZA offer a disk encryption product. I read that CheckPoint has such a product, and I'm under the impression that ZA is connected with them. Can anyone provide this information and/or whether there's a 3rd party product that won't conflict with ZA. I use Windows Backup weekly, to back up my files and a system image, and I'm trying to find out if the encryption w/be preserved on the backup and be able to safely restore the encrypted data.
    Creacontech

Default Re: Disk Encryption

Quote Originally Posted by Creacontech View Post
    Does ZA offer a disk encryption product. I read that CheckPoint has such a product, and I'm under the impression that ZA is connected with them. Can anyone provide this information and/or whether there's a 3rd party product that won't conflict with ZA. I use Windows Backup weekly, to back up my files and a system image, and I'm trying to find out if the encryption w/be preserved on the backup and be able to safely restore the encrypted data.

Hello,

Sorry, The standalone Datalock Disk Encryption product and the feature in ZA Extreme was discontinued.

We no longer sell new copies or renewals.

But if you did somehow purchase a renewal there will be no support for it and needs to be refunded within 90 days of the renewal purchase date or there will be no refund or support.
    GeorgeV
    ZoneAlarm® Extreme Security

Click here for ZA Support
    Monday-Saturday__ 6am to 10pm Central time
    Closed Sundays and Holidays

Thanks George, I sort of figured ZA didn't have it, but does that include CheckPoint? If they don't have one, is there any that ZA or CheckPoint recommends?
    Creacontech

Quote Originally Posted by Creacontech View Post
    Thanks George, I sort of figured ZA didn't have it, but does that include CheckPoint? If they don't have one, is there any that ZA or CheckPoint recommends?

Sorry, This Zone Alarm Forum exist to allow Volunteer experienced Zone Alarm Users to help the Few Users who encounter a problem with Zone Alarm and need to be guided in the right direction to answer Questions about the Zone Alarm product...

1) Have you tried www.checkpoint.com for the Enterprise products from Checkpoint?

2.) to find Disk Encryption products try google.com search..

If you are running windows 8 or certain windows 7 versions you can use directly what is provided by the OS (i.e.bitlocker) or you can try the free open source truecrypt. Otherwise here we cannot endorse or recommend any other commercial software since, as already mentioned, this forum only deals with user-to-user ZA product related help. Sorry.

Regardless of the solution, you will need to try it if it works with your setup as it is not only about ZA but all the rest that is running on the system.

Thanks,
    Fax

Monday-Saturday 6am to 10pm Central time

Yes Check Point still makes an Enterprise level disk encryption product but unless your going to deploy it to over 500 laptops in a corporate environment then it will not fit you.

We don't officially endorse or recommend any other disk encryption products there are others on the market, just Google it and you will find others to buy.

Forum Moderator
    Monday-Saturday__ 6am to 10pm Central time

Thread Information