Thread: ZoneAlarm 12.0.104 and no DataLock GUI anymore

Default ZoneAlarm 12.0.104 and no DataLock GUI anymore

I don't know when the GUI for DataLock was removed as it's not something you have to visit often, but here is my question.

I am trying to re-install my laptop, with a new drive, but I want to get the install partition off of my old one first (and my a copy of all my data would be nice). However with DataLock installed I cannot see them with the imaging tools and so failing at the first hurdle.

I use to have the option under Identity & Data tab to access the DataLock settings, but these seem to have disappeared in the later versions.

Can anyone tell me how you run up the DataLock GUI so I can start the decryption of my hard drive?

I'm am running ZoneAlarm Extreme with DataLock on Windows 7 64bit.

Default Re: ZoneAlarm 12.0.104 and no DataLock GUI anymore

Hello,

I have moved your Post that deals with Datalock into the DATALOCK Discussion Topic area.

Notice: the standard DataLock product and feature in ZA Extreme was discontinued.

We no longer sell new copies or renewals.

For Help in Decrypting DATALOCK, PLEASE READ the top two Sticky Post at the top of the DATALOCK topic area..

Regards;
    GeorgeV
    ZoneAlarm® Extreme Security

Click here for ZA Support
    Monday-Saturday__ 6am to 10pm Central time
    Closed Sundays and Holidays

Quote Originally Posted by GeorgeV View Post
    For Help in Decrypting DATALOCK, PLEASE READ the top two Sticky Post at the top of the DATALOCK topic area..
    ;
    I have been through all the sticky posts and can only find one that refers to uninstalling the product (from 2010). This refers to the GUI which (as in my original post) is missing in the current versions. The space where the options was are empty as per the attached screen shot.

Is there a command line program that can be run to start / install this missing interface?
    Attached Images Attached Images

As far as I understand from your post you have still installed datalock in the the PC but you have meanwhile also moved to a new version of ZA.

I am not sure it will work but if datalock is still installed in the system you should still find the datalock folder and the main executable in the program folder/Checkpoint/zonealarm...

What do you see (folders and files) under the zonealarm folder? Do you see anything (executable/folder) that refers to datalock?

Otherwise you probably need to remove ZA and install the old version.

Before doing so, best to contact the ZA official technical support at the link in my signature. Its free for registered users. Explain well your situation and see if they can suggest a workaround.

Thanks,
    Fax
    Last edited by fax; January 14th, 2014 at 05:33 AM.

Monday-Saturday 6am to 10pm Central time

I have found the FDE directory under Checkpoint\Zonealarm and there is a program in there called fde_stub.exe

However if I run it it shows as wanting to install the hard disk encryption. Is this correct? Should I run this to install the GUI?

What version do I need to go back to re-invoke the GUI options?

Sorry never used datalock so I am not in the position to help. You may want to try to get in touch with ZA official technical support (all users here) as already suggested. Tough, datalock is out of ZA since some years and they may be also not in the position to help you. But trying does not costs you anything.

Monday-Saturday 6am to 10pm Central time

Thanks for the follow up. I have a call logged with support, just waiting for them to come back to me.

This is a very bad situation.

You need to do the following ASAP.

Back up all your data. Do it now or risk loosing it all for good.

The ONLY option you have is to find an older version that had DataLock and install it to get the functions back. This may or may not work. (never has been tested)

ZA does not keep older versions of the software that can be downloaded. The product has been discontinued for over 2 years

IF you do have an older version its a stretch that installing that will work either.

So back up your data first because it will be easier and faster to just format the hard drive re-install the OS and start fresh and DO NOT re-install DataLock. Its NOT support anymore at all.

Forum Moderator
    Monday-Saturday__ 6am to 10pm Central time

Thread Information