Jan. 15, 2014
Java is the foundation for virtually every type of networked application and is the global standard for developing and delivering mobile applications, games, Web-based content, and enterprise software. With more than 9 million developers worldwide, Java enables you to efficiently develop, deploy and use exciting applications and services.
From laptops to datacenters, game consoles to scientific supercomputers, cell phones to the Internet, Java is everywhere!
Users are urged to immediately upgrade Java to version 7 update 51; Java 6 installations are also vulnerable to close to a dozen critical vulnerabilities, experts said, adding that users should avoid enabling the plug-in altogether, or isolate Java 6 machines.
Oracle's October Critical Patch Update includes Java patches for the first time. Of the 127 updates, 50 patch remotely executable vulnerabilities in Java.
Verify what version of JAVA you have installed:
http://java.com/en/download/installed.jsp <= Click Here
Download Java for Windows
Recommended Version 7 Update 51 (filesize: 899 KB)
- 1.1 billion desktops run Java
- 930 million Java Runtime Environment downloads each year
- 3 billion mobile phones run Java
- 31 times more Java phones ship every year than Apple and Android combined
- 100% of all Blu-ray players run Java
- 1.4 billion Java Cards are manufactured each year
- Java powers set-top boxes, printers, games, car navigation systems, ATMs, lottery terminals, medical devices, parking payment stations, and more.
Why Software Developers Choose Java
Java has been tested, refined, extended, and proven by a dedicated community of Java developers, architects and enthusiasts. Java is designed to enable development of portable, high-performance applications for the widest range of computing platforms possible. By making applications available across heterogeneous environments, businesses can provide more services and boost end-user productivity, communication, and collaboration—and dramatically reduce the cost of ownership of both enterprise and consumer applications. Java has become invaluable to developers by enabling them to:
- Write software on one platform and run it on virtually any other platform
- Create programs that can run within a web browser and access available web services
- Develop server-side applications for online forums, stores, polls, HTML forms processing, and more
- Combine applications or services using the Java language to create highly customized applications or services
- Write powerful and efficient applications for mobile phones, remote processors, consumer products, and practically any other electronic device
Version 7 Update 51