Thread: Uninstalled Pro and can't accesss internet now

Default Uninstalled Pro and can't accesss internet now

I opted for a competitor's product and chose not to renew my Pro license. However, after I uninstalled Pro and installed Mcafee, I'm having problems accessing internet on that machine. It's an older Dell desktop.

I was able to get it working briefly by disconnecting my cable modem, however when I next powered on after being off a week, it won't access internet again. Neither DHCP or DNS services are able to load and run, so that's the ultimate problem with my connection, I assume.

Ipconfig returns "an internal error occurred" message.

I'm thinking perhaps Pro has left some remnant in place after uninstall and is blocking my access.

Also have tried resetting TCP via netsh to no avail.

Anyone have suggestions? I'm not overly literate on troubleshooting this type of thing.

Thanks.

Default Re: Uninstalled Pro and can't accesss internet now

Quote Originally Posted by CeruleanBlue View Post
    I opted for a competitor's product and chose not to renew my Pro license. However, after I uninstalled Pro and installed Mcafee, I'm having problems accessing internet on that machine. It's an older Dell desktop.

I was able to get it working briefly by disconnecting my cable modem, however when I next powered on after being off a week, it won't access internet again
    . Neither DHCP or DNS services are able to load and run, so that's the ultimate problem with my connection, I assume.

Ipconfig returns "an internal error occurred" message.

I'm thinking perhaps Pro has left some remnant in place after uninstall and is blocking my access.

Also have tried resetting TCP via netsh to no avail.

Anyone have suggestions? I'm not overly literate on troubleshooting this type of thing.

Thanks.
    Hello;

After you had Uninstalled ZA Pro, If you got your internet connection working Temporarily after "disconnecting my cable modem" then Zone Alarm Is not the Problem since it worked without Zone Alarm Pro installed.

I think you need to Check with McAfee Support, DELL Tech Support, or your ISP..
    or Being an OLD DEL computer Shut down for a Week or more, you may have
    Hardware problems?

Sorry, This Zone Alarm Forum exist to allow Volunteer experienced Zone Alarm Users to help the Few Users who encounter a problem with Zone Alarm and need to be guided in the right direction to answer Questions about Zone Alarm..

From the info you provided, it does not look like this is a Zone Alarm Problem?

Regards;
    Last edited by GeorgeV; February 23rd, 2014 at 05:06 AM. Reason: fix typos
    GeorgeV
    ZoneAlarm® Extreme Security

Click here for ZA Support
    Monday-Saturday__ 6am to 10pm Central time
    Closed Sundays and Holidays

Thread Information