I have a Dell Optiplex 9020 desktop running Win 7 Pro. I have ZoneAlarm Free Firewall version:; Vsmon version:; Driver version: installed. I also have an Asus notebook running Win 8.1 and I can connect my notebook to my desktop via remote desktop as long as the notebook is on my home network. I need to take the notebook out on the road and I use a Verizon USB modem to connect to the Internet but I'm unable to connect to my desktop. If I check my IP address at whatismyip.com, I can enter that address into ZA under View Zones and I can connect to my desktop. But the problem is every time I restart my notebook, I'm assigned a new IP address and my remote desktop connection won't connect. If I right-click on my ZA icon in the taskbar on my desktop and select "snooze firewall for 5 minutes" I can always connect via remote desktop, regardless of my notebook's IP address. But in 5 minutes I get kicked off from remote desktop. If I shut down ZA, I'm still unable to connect so apparently snoozing the firewall and shutting ZA down aren't the same thing. Snoozing the firewall is the only thing that I have found that works so I need to know how to permanently snooze the firewall and I can do that before leaving the house when I know I'll be using my notebook. Or is there a better way?