Thread: 1,2,3 boxes appear for internet connection, instead of the same number each time???..

Default 1,2,3 boxes appear for internet connection, instead of the same number each time???..

hi is you people,

it really seems strange why it is doing this.
    i just want to know if it is supposed to be doing this -- because it doesn't look right.

you know the box that pops up when you connect to the internet for the first time since you have booted your computer, that says, "keep in internet zone" & "allow into trusted zone"?

well, after i select the option that i want, by clicking my selection, which is marked by a dot, the box disappears.
    then, oddly, the exact box reappears a second time, like someone ELSE is "also" trying to log in or something.
    and sometimes, a third box even appears, waiting for me to make my selection; otherwise it wont go away.

QUESTION:
    1. sometimes there is only 1 box
    2. sometimes there is 2 boxes, preceeded by a several second delay like someone else is trying to log in
    3. at times, there have even been 3 boxes that have appeared

if it was working properly and securely, it should ALWAYS "only" have 1 box,
    or ALWAYS "only" have 2 boxes
    or ALWAYS "only" have 3 boxes

this sounds kind of fishy to me.
    something doesn't look right here

Default Re: 1,2,3 boxes appear for internet connection, instead of the same number each time?

Quote Originally Posted by White Hat View Post
    hi is you people,

it really seems strange why it is doing this.
    i just want to know if it is supposed to be doing this -- because it doesn't look right.

you know the box that pops up when you connect to the internet for the first time since you have booted your computer, that says, "keep in internet zone" & "allow into trusted zone"?

well, after i select the option that i want, by clicking my selection, which is marked by a dot, the box disappears.
    then, oddly, the exact box reappears a second time, like someone ELSE is "also" trying to log in or something.
    and sometimes, a third box even appears, waiting for me to make my selection; otherwise it wont go away.

QUESTION:
    1. sometimes there is only 1 box
    2. sometimes there is 2 boxes, preceeded by a several second delay like someone else is trying to log in
    3. at times, there have even been 3 boxes that have appeared

if it was working properly and securely, it should ALWAYS "only" have 1 box,
    or ALWAYS "only" have 2 boxes
    or ALWAYS "only" have 3 boxes

this sounds kind of fishy to me.
    something doesn't look right here
    Please don't worry too much..

this could all be very normal..

It may depend on a lots of factors, like the type of Internet Connection to your ISP (internet Service Provider) ?

Unless you paid extra for a Static IP#, the ISP may Frequently change your IP# each time that you Connect to their Server..

1.) How do you connect to the Internet: Phone Line, Cable Modem, Router, Wi-Fi, G3 modem, Blue Tooth?

2.) also is this a Desktop,Laptop computer or Netbook; ?

The More information you post the more likely users here will be able to understand the issue and try to help.

Regards;
    GeorgeV
    Last edited by GeorgeV; March 27th, 2014 at 04:08 AM. Reason: update

Default Re: 1,2,3 boxes appear for internet connection, instead of the same number each time?

Quote Originally Posted by GeorgeV View Post

Please don't worry too much..

this could all be very normal..

It may depend on a lots of factors, like the type of Internet Connection to your ISP (internet Service Provider) ?

Unless you paid extra for a Static IP#, the ISP may Frequently change your IP# each time that you Connect to their Server..

1.) How do you connect to the Internet: Phone Line, Cable Modem, Router, Wi-Fi, G3 modem, Blue Tooth?

Regards;
    GeorgeV
    Sorry, This is not a problem with Zone Alarm..

This looks like an issue with your ISP (internet Service Provider) ? COMCAST..

Please contact Tech Support at your ISP (COMCAST) for a better explanation why your internet connection changes each time you connect to the Internet..

Regards;
    GeorgeV

Thread Information