Thread: "Bad pool caller" BSOD

Angry "Bad pool caller" BSOD

There are too many threads here, so I don;y know if this has been addressed. I have been told by Microsoft that the problem I'm having with my "Bad pool caller" BSOD is attributable to my antivirus program. I, of course, have ZA Internet Security Suite 2014. So, what's up? I've lost less data with mean viri!

Last edited by fax; April 8th, 2014 at 03:25 AM.

Default Re: "Bad pool caller" BSOD

Hi!

could you please right click the ZA icon near the clock --> about --> copy to clipboard --> paste in a reply. Please rememver to temove your license key, if applicable.

Secondly, which OS are you using? When this problem started? As soon you as you installed ZA? Or when? and what has changed in the configuration? Are other security tools installed? Any other info you can post?

More information you post more likely other users here may able to post.

I have revised the title of the thread to better into the issue.

Thanks,
    Fax

Click here for ZA Support
    Monday-Saturday 6am to 10pm Central time
    Closed Sundays and Holidays

Angry Re: "Bad pool caller" BSOD

Excuse me, I was wrong. I have ZA Security Suite 2013. Here's the "About" file:

ZoneAlarm Security Suite version: 12.0.104.000
    Vsmon version: 12.0.104.000
    Driver version: 11.0.764.000
    Antivirus engine version: 8.3.2.4
    Antivirus signature DAT file version: 1149527872
    AntiSpam version: 6.3.1.4971

I'm running Windows 8.1. I have had ZA installed for 8 mos. I have used other security tools i.e. Spybot Search & Destroy and CCleaner. This problem started in January out of the blue (screen). As I said, on a MS forum, I was told this problem was due to my Antivirus program. I'm tired of my computer rebooting and losing data. Don't tell me no one's ever heard of this? I'm tempted to try ~snip~ another antivirus.
    Last edited by fax; April 9th, 2014 at 12:43 PM. Reason: Reference to commercial product - Sorry against forum rules -

Default Re: "Bad pool caller" BSOD

Sounds like more an issue with the hardware than ZA. I would fully remove ZA and check if you get the same. If, yes its not ZA. If not, then install back the new ZA (link on top of this board - yellow announcement).

If you still have problem best to report directly to ZA official technical support at the link in my signature (we are all users here).

Thanks!
    Fax

Click here for ZA Support
    Monday-Saturday 6am to 10pm Central time
    Closed Sundays and Holidays

Thread Information