Thread: Keyboard shortcut and programs in ZA application control

Default Keyboard shortcut and programs in ZA application control

I still use ZA 9, but after you released ZA 10 and until now, although I have reported this 2 times, no action was taken!
    So I just report it for one more time to help your other users of new versions:
    ZA Firewall :: Application Control

1. If you select one item (application) the details will be shown below.
    That's normal, but if you use keyboard up/down buttons to move among the other items, the below will not be updated, it will show the first item selected by mouse!
    It means that we always must use mouse to select items in the list and see their details. You don't like keyboard do you?

2. If we want to remove one item (application) from the list, we must use mouse to press the remove button, no hot-key for Del. Again you don't like to help keyboard users!

Above 2 features were available in ZA 9.
    And are really vital features since without them it's so time consuming to organize a long list.
    As I am a programmer I can say it's as easy as ABC to re-implement that, and, when upgrading to a new version, do not remove the useful features of old version, I think after ZA 9 you re-wrote the code from scratch!

Cheers.

Default Re: Lack of critical feature

Quote Originally Posted by OscarEdward View Post
    I still use ZA 9, but after you released ZA 10 and until now, although I have reported this 2 times, no action was taken!
    So I just report it for one more time to help your other users of new versions:
    ZA Firewall :: Application Control

As I am a programmer I can say it's as easy as ABC to re-implement that, and, when upgrading to a new version, do not remove the useful features of old version, I think after ZA 9 you re-wrote the code from scratch!

Cheers.
    Hello;

Sorry the version of ZA you are using is not anymore supported, version 9 & 10 goes back to 2010 or before..

So, you will get no support what so ever from Checkpoint or Tech Support at all if you have a problem with older ZA Versions.

Support will tell you to Upgrade to the latest ZA version before they even begin to help you.

Here is the Current Supported version of Zone Alarm..

03/24/2014 UPDATE: New ZoneAlarm 2015 Version Available
    What's New with ZA 13.0.208.000

New: Advanced Real-Time Antivirus (Real-Time Cloud Protection)
    New: Threat Emulation
    New: Find My Laptop
    New: Anti-Keylogger
    New: Privacy Toolbar with Internet Explorer 11 support
    Updated: Antivirus engine
    Updated: UI minor adjustments
    Improved: Enhanced Browser Protection (Web Monitor)
    Improved: PC Tune-Up

NOTE: Not all listed above applies to all product’s. To see what’s been updated in the ZoneAlarm product you use go to our release history pages

Sorry, Many of the Old Features were removed for several reasons, and to remove code Bloat as the application is updated and improved security added, old or under used features that are not critical to Security may have to be deleted to control the overall size of new expanded application..
    Last edited by GeorgeV; March 29th, 2014 at 04:15 PM. Reason: fix typo
    GeorgeV
    ZoneAlarm® Extreme Security

Click here for ZA Support
    Monday-Saturday__ 6am to 10pm Central time
    Closed Sundays and Holidays

Sorry you completely misunderstood, the problem I reported is not related to ZA 9, it's related to the latest version I just downloaded a few hours ago.

Sir, in the latest version, application control, when you move items by keyboard, the below information should be updated with the new selected item (item here is application) information. Also, pressing Del key should be a shortcut of Remove button. I just told that these 2 useful behaviors were available in ZA 9.

I'm a developer for 12 years, so you cannot tell me you removed these 2 behaviors because of security concerns or improvements!
    You just made it harder to use application control by keyboard, must use a mouse!
    Post a poll...

Hello,

Right click the ZA icon near the clock --> About --> Copy to Clipboard --> Paste in a reply here. Mind to remove the license key (if applicable).

Exact version of OS used? XP SP?, Windows 7 SP?. Windows 8?8.1?
    English version?
    Other security programs running on the PC? Laptop?

The More information you post the more likely users here will be able to understand the issue and try to help.

Default Re: Keyboard shortcut and programs in ZA application control

Sorry this is the standard behaviour since several years and ZA versions.

As we are all users here, the best you can do is at the time of the next beta cycle (zonealarm.com/beta) provide feedback directly to development team by testing the product. If they get enough users with your same concern I am sure they will re-address it.

Sorry again,
    Fax
    P.S. Revised the title of the thread to better hint to the issue.

Click here for ZA Support
    Monday-Saturday 6am to 10pm Central time
    Closed Sundays and Holidays

Sky Soldiers Guest

Default Re: Keyboard shortcut and programs in ZA application control

Help has not being revise in a long time.Some information is obsolete for current version.

Keystrokes for activating buttons, Global shortcuts, and Dialog box shortcuts.This features has been obsolete for some time now since 10.0 Branch.When new user-friendly design GUI was implemented.

The following Keyboard shortcuts are all obsolete or no longer in use here:

http://download.zonealarm.com/bin/in...paid/39775.htm
    Last edited by Sky Soldiers; March 30th, 2014 at 05:54 AM. Reason: Typo

Thread Information