Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Zone alarm cannot be installed. Please upgrade the operating system to service pack 3

Default Zone alarm cannot be installed. Please upgrade the operating system to service pack 3

The error: "Zone alarm cannot be installed. Please upgrade the operating system to service pack 3" appears everytime I try to install free zone alarm firewall. The problem is service pack is already installed. Does anybody can help me with solving this problem ? I would be very grateful.

Default Re: Zone alarm cannot be installed. Please upgrade the operating system to service pa

Quote Originally Posted by hippo View Post
    The error: "Zone alarm cannot be installed. Please upgrade the operating system to service pack 3" appears everytime I try to install free zone alarm firewall. The problem is service pack is already installed. Does anybody can help me with solving this problem ? I would be very grateful.
    Hello,

It is Sometimes very Difficult to Diagnose and fix a Computer from halfway across the Country, or around the World,
    without All the Details about your computer it's Software and what type and Version of Zone Alarm that you failed to provide, without our ability to sit in front of your Computer monitor and see what's going on..

*** NOTICE:

Whenever posting here, it is always advisable to list Full details of your Computer:

Please Give the Exact Type and version of Zone Alarm used, Windows Version & SP Update used, Browser type and version, any other security tools installed and type of router or Internet connection used.

The More information you post the more likely users here will be able to understand the issue and try to help
    Last edited by GeorgeV; March 29th, 2014 at 08:36 PM. Reason: fix typo
    GeorgeV
    ZoneAlarmģ Extreme Security

Click here for ZA Support
    Monday-Saturday__ 6am to 10pm Central time
    Closed Sundays and Holidays

Default Re: Zone alarm cannot be installed. Please upgrade the operating system to service pa

Hi all,
    I'm a new member here.
    I got the same problem with hippo when I re-install ZA. At first my ZA had an error that the initialization process was too long. It ran a few days. So I decided to uninstall ZA according to the following post:
    https://www.zonealarm.com/forums/sho...A-removal-tool

When I started ZA's setup file, I got the same error message with hippo: "Zone alarm cannot be installed. Please upgrade the operating system to service pack 3".

In addition, the same message also appeared when I try to ran ZA removal tool to finish my uninstallation work according to the above post.

Here is some information of my desktop:

Win XP Service 3 v.6419
    ZA setup file version 13.0.208
    Firefox 27.0.1, internet ADSL
    Some security tools: Malwarebytes Anti-malware

I will appreciate all of your ideas to help me. Thanks in advance.

Linh Lung HR

Normally this can be due the incomplete update of the system to SP3. The only way to fix is to fully reinstall SP3 from scratch as well as downloading and install all patches and fixes after SP3 (huge number as SP3 was published 6 years ago).

On top, XP will not be support by Microsoft as of next week. Better then to move to a more updated version of the OS as the protection of ZA will rapidly decrease over time.

http://www.microsoft.com/windows/en-gb/xp/default.aspx

Thanks,
    fax

Monday-Saturday 6am to 10pm Central time

@fax: thanks for your ideas.
    Actually, I install XP from a package XP+SP3 and I've never got this kind of problem with ZA.
    I think the best solution for me is to change to Ubuntu or ugrade to a newer Window version like your advice instead of letting me get stuck in an old OS like XP.
    Anyway, thank for your help.
    Linh Lung HR

If may help us better understand the issue if you can locate your install log file.

If you do find it with the following directions PM me here and I'll tell you how to get them to me.

The install.log is located in a Temp folder. To find it click Start >> Run >> type in the Open dialog box:

%Temp% and then enter.

The temp folder will open. The ZA temp folder has a bunch of random numbers and letters. There could be
    many of these folders. You must find the Most recently created folder that corresponds to the date the user
    had ran the installer.

The folder will look something like this but not exactly like this.
    {6BBB3C5E-6BDE-439B-81A4-5EAE82F0228A}

When you find the most recent folder thatís where the install.log file is located.
    Monday-Saturday__ 6am to 10pm Central time

Angry Re: Zone alarm cannot be installed. Please upgrade the operating system to service pa

Quote Originally Posted by Forum-Moderator View Post
    If may help us better understand the issue if you can locate your install log file.

If you do find it with the following directions PM me here and I'll tell you how to get them to me.

The install.log is located in a Temp folder. To find it click Start >> Run >> type in the Open dialog box:

%Temp% and then enter.

The temp folder will open. The ZA temp folder has a bunch of random numbers and letters. There could be
    many of these folders. You must find the Most recently created folder that corresponds to the date the user
    had ran the installer.

The folder will look something like this but not exactly like this.
    {6BBB3C5E-6BDE-439B-81A4-5EAE82F0228A}

When you find the most recent folder thatís where the install.log file is located.
    Hello. I have the same problem. I've recently installed Service Pack 3 with all the updates. When I check on my system it does says that SP3 is installed.

install.log

[code][2014-07-30 21:58:06] [PID: 3280 TID: 240] UTILITY | Finished extracting C:\Documents and Settings\beata\Moje dokumenty\Pobrane\zaSetup_133_052_000.exe
    [2014-07-30 21:58:06] [PID: 3280 TID: 240] SYSTEMACTION | "C:\DOCUME~1\beata\USTAWI~1\Temp\{907A1104-E812-4b5c-959B-E4DAB37A96AB}\Install.exe"
    [2014-07-30 21:58:08] [PID: 3800 TID: 1888] Installation started. Install.
    [2014-07-30 21:58:08] [PID: 3800 TID: 1888] MESSAGEBOX | ZoneAlarm cannot be installed. Please upgrade the operating system to Service Pack 3.
    [2014-07-30 21:58:09] [PID: 3800 TID: 1888] MESSAGEBOX | User response 1
    [2014-07-30 21:58:09] [PID: 3800 TID: 1888] INSTALL | Unable to install on Windows XP service pack 0.
    [2014-07-30 21:58:09] [PID: 3800 TID: 1888] Installation exit. 20[/code]

Quote Originally Posted by Rudixx View Post
    Hello. I have the same problem. I've recently installed Service Pack 3 with all the updates. When I check on my system it does says that SP3 is installed.

install.log

[code][2014-07-30 21:58:06] [PID: 3280 TID: 240] UTILITY | Finished extracting C:\Documents and Settings\beata\Moje dokumenty\Pobrane\zaSetup_133_052_000.exe
    [2014-07-30 21:58:06] [PID: 3280 TID: 240] SYSTEMACTION | "C:\DOCUME~1\beata\USTAWI~1\Temp\{907A1104-E812-4b5c-959B-E4DAB37A96AB}\Install.exe"
    [2014-07-30 21:58:08] [PID: 3800 TID: 1888] Installation started. Install.
    [2014-07-30 21:58:08] [PID: 3800 TID: 1888] MESSAGEBOX | ZoneAlarm cannot be installed. Please upgrade the operating system to Service Pack 3.
    [2014-07-30 21:58:09] [PID: 3800 TID: 1888] MESSAGEBOX | User response 1
    [2014-07-30 21:58:09] [PID: 3800 TID: 1888] INSTALL | Unable to install on Windows XP service pack 0.
    [2014-07-30 21:58:09] [PID: 3800 TID: 1888] Installation exit. 20[/code]

Hello,

It is Sometimes very Difficult to Diagnose and fix a Computer from halfway across the Country, or around the World,
    without All the Details about your computer it's Software and what type and Version of Zone Alarm that you failed to provide, without our ability to sit in front of your Computer monitor and see what's going on..

*** NOTICE:

Whenever posting here, it is always advisable to list Full details of your Computer:

Please Give the Exact Type and version of Zone Alarm used, Windows Version & SP Update used, Browser type and version, any other security tools installed and type of router or Internet connection used.

Right click the ZA icon near the clock --> About --> Copy to Clipboard --> Paste in a reply here. Mind to remove the license key (if applicable).

ZA English version?

Exact version of OS used? XP SP3? Windows 7 SP? Windows 8? 8.1?

ZA English version?

What Type of Computer? Desktop PC? or Laptop? or Netbook?

Other security Programs running on the computer?

The More information you post the more likely users here will be able to understand the issue and try to help

Regards;
    Guru GeorgeV

Quote Originally Posted by GeorgeV View Post
    Hello,

*** NOTICE:

Right click the ZA icon near the clock --> About --> Copy to Clipboard --> Paste in a reply here. Mind to remove the license key (if applicable).

ZA English version?

Exact version of OS used? XP SP3? Windows 7 SP? Windows 8? 8.1?

ZA English version?

What Type of Computer? Desktop PC? or Laptop? or Netbook?

Other security Programs running on the computer?

Regards;
    Guru GeorgeV
    Windows XP SP3
    ZoneAlarm Free Antivirus + Firewall version: 12.0.118.000
    Vsmon version: 12.0.118.000
    Driver version: 12.0.118.000
    Antivirus engine version: 8.3.2.4
    Antivirus signature DAT file version: 1130330240

Desktop PC

I am trying to install the latest version of ZA but I cannot.

Quote Originally Posted by Rudixx View Post
    Windows XP SP3
    ZoneAlarm Free Antivirus + Firewall version: 12.0.118.000
    Vsmon version: 12.0.118.000
    Driver version: 12.0.118.000
    Antivirus engine version: 8.3.2.4
    Antivirus signature DAT file version: 1130330240

Desktop PC

I am trying to install the latest version of ZA but I cannot.
    Hi;

Thank you for the additional information..

The Version of ZA Free v12 that you have is very old, there have been four newer update versions released since ZA V12..

you can find the Current Versuin v13.3 here:

7/29/2014 UPDATE: New ZoneAlarm Version Available 13.3.052.000

ZoneAlarm has released to all users of Paid and Free products v13.3.052.000

What has changed:

• New: Antivirus Engine
    • New: Anti-Spam with Windows 8.x and Outlook 2013 support
    • Updated: Firewall Driver (security and other fixes)
    • Improved: Localization fixes
    • Improved: Stability and performance enhancements

Click here to Download <= click here

1. Remove your current ZA version (in XP use Windows add/remove programs/Windows 7/8 Uninstall a program)

2. Clean your system and registry with the Free Ccleaner.exe
    free ccleaner <= click Here

3. Download to your desktop and run the ZA removal tool, <= click here
    now reboot computer after running ZA Removal tool.

4. Now Install the latest ZA version without touching any default settings, and
    Do Not Restore Saved Settings from the old install.
    -------------------

ZoneAlarm products will continue to be supported on Windows XP SP3.
    At this time there are no plans to end-of-life product support for Windows XP.
    The most current version of ZoneAlarm is 13.3.052.000

After 12 years, Microsoft support for Windows XP ended April 8, 2014.

What is end of support?

After 12 years, support for Windows XP ended April 8, 2014. There will be no more security updates or technical support for the Windows XP operating system. It is very important that customers and partners migrate to a modern operating system such as Windows 8.1. Customers moving to a modern operating system will benefit from dramatically enhanced security, broad device choice for a mobile workforce, higher user productivity, and a lower total cost of ownership through improved management capabilities.
    Support for Office 2003 also ended on April 8, 2014.

What does this mean?

It means you should take action. After April 8, 2014, Microsoft will no longer provide security updates or technical support for Windows XP. Security updates patch vulnerabilities that may be exploited by malware and help keep users and their data safer. PCs running Windows XP after April 8, 2014, should not be considered to be protected, and it is important that you migrate to a current supported operating system – such as Windows 8.1 – so you can receive regular security updates to protect their computer from malicious attacks.
    Read the Windows lifecycle fact sheet to learn more.

Regards;
    Guru GeorgeV
    Last edited by GeorgeV; August 1st, 2014 at 11:45 AM. Reason: updated

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information