Thread: [SOLVED] ZASS v13.0.208.000 Security Toolbar, not in Firefox?

Default [SOLVED] ZASS v13.0.208.000 Security Toolbar, not in Firefox?

The Security Toolbar was showing up and working fine in Firefox (always last or last but one version) with ZASS v12.0.104.000 in my 3 systems, 2 Windows XP SP3 and 1 Vista SP2. The corresponding add-on was also listed in Tools -> Add-ons -> Extensions.

But since I updated to ZASS v13.0.208.000, all 3 Firefoxes lost their ZASS Security Toolbar: it doesn't appear in the GUI nor it's listed with the add-ons anymore. Firefox version was v27.0.1 when I updated ZASS. Afterwards I updated Firefox to v28.0, what didn't alter the Security Toolbar situation.

No issues with IE8 in any of the systems. No other ZASS problems either.

Is this by design, some known incompatibility, or an anomaly here? But it's occurring in 3 systems under 2 OS's...

Default Re: ZASS v13.0.208.000 Security Toolbar, not in Firefox?

Hi!

as far as we know the privacy (not security) toolbar is compatible with firefox. If you have updated over the top then it would be good to try a clean install (remove ZA, download and run the new clean.exe, install the new version).

If you still don't see the toolbar then please contact directly the ZA official technical support at the link in my signature. Look for the live chat icon "contact us".

Please let us know if you manage to resolve your issue and how. It may help other users with the same problem.

Finally, if you don't manage to get the toolbar please note that the toolbar does not provide any security value added. Only privacy related feature with Do Not Track and general info on web page. However you can get this from firefox directly. See here.

Thanks,
    Fax

Thanks,
    Fax
    Last edited by fax; April 1st, 2014 at 12:50 AM.

Click here for ZA Support
    Monday-Saturday 6am to 10pm Central time
    Closed Sundays and Holidays

Well, I was believing that the Security and Privacy toolbars were different things. After installing ZASS v13, I had noticed that under ZA -> Web&Privacy there was a "Privacy Toolbar" appearing as "Available but not installed". I supposed it had more or stronger privacy features than the "security" toolbar I was seeing in IE8 (my predetermined browser, hence the one that starts after updating ZA). Afterwards I realized that Firefox didn't have any toolbar.

So it seems the ZA GUI's Privacy Toolbar is the one I should install. But why does IE8 have it already? I recalled a comparable issue I had months or years ago and discovered a "ZoneAlarm Security Toolbar" entry in the Windows' Add/Remove Programs list.

Problem fixed now. Method:

1) Uninstall Add/Remove Programs -> ZoneAlarm Security Toolbar.
    2) Go to ZA -> Web&Privacy and install the Privacy Toolbar (it's the same with different and more precise name).

Hi!

you probably have a left over from the previous version? I would clear out everything linked to ZA (including the toolbar) before install the new ZA again.

To be clear there is only one (1) ZA related toolbar. In previous versions the toolbar also had security related features (e.g. blocking bad website). In more recent version the web scanning, the AV cloud scanning integrated in the new antivirus engine has replaced the security related feature previously integrated in the toolbar.

May be the installer/unistaller it is still named "security" but the functions are manly privacy related.

I hope this clarify the confusion. Always refer to the official support for a definitive help in case you have problems. And remember to report back here on you solved the issue.

Running the new clean.exe is also important to be sure any ZA left over is removed.

Thanks,
    Fax

Monday-Saturday 6am to 10pm Central time

Here is something that may explain it.

The Privacy toolbar ONLY installs in what the OS sees what you set to be your default browser.

So if you have IE and Firefox on the PC the toolbar only gets installed in one browser only.

Why do we do this? Its a requirement by Goggle since we have a search function in the toolbar thats powered by Google.

Sorry for the inconvenience.

Forum Moderator
    Monday-Saturday__ 6am to 10pm Central time

Thread Information