Thread: Computer running so slow as to be unbeleivable.

Threaded View

Post Computer running so slow as to be unbeleivable.

For several weeks, my computer has beenvery difficult to work with. It seemed pre occupied! I have ZoneAlarm Extreme security installed, it never seemed to locate the problem. Last night I downloaded afree version of antispyware program ~snip~, and ran it. That program found I was being“attacked” 4 or more times a minute. WOW! I thought if Idisconnected from the internet, I could get something done. Wrong,they kept coming. So I started looking and found that they werecoming from a program installed right on my computer! It was called“Find Right”. I do not know what it was or how it got there, butdeleting it stopped all that busy- ness. ~snip~ called it“Trojan.WIN32.GenericIBT” .

I am writing this and plan to send acopy to Zone labs, (I was, but they apparently have no open access to people running their product)
    I am also beginning to wonder whatprograms I really need to keep my computer safe and operable.
    Last edited by fax; April 4th, 2014 at 01:19 AM. Reason: commercial product

Thread Information