Results 1 to 8 of 8

Thread: [SOLVED] performance issues - new version of ZA 2015 --> clean install

  1. #1
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    2

    Default [SOLVED] performance issues - new version of ZA 2015 --> clean install

    I have just installed the latest version of ZA extreme security 2015.
    and now im getting a marked slowness on my system that wasn't there prior to that install. I can see the CPU usage when ide Is 30 - 80% and should be max 10%. I have also seen a flashing circle icon next to my mouse pointer as if something is loading in the background like when your pc first loads Windows. I'm using Win7 64bit extreme edition.

    There have been no error messages


    ZoneAlarm Extreme Security version: 13.0.208.000
    Vsmon version: 13.0.208.0
    Driver version: 13.0.70.0
    Antivirus engine version: 8.3.3.9
    Antivirus signature DAT file version: 1149864000
    AntiSpam version: 6.3.1.4973


    how can I go back to previous version.

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Location
    The 3rd Coast - South Central Texas
    Posts
    10,805

    Default Re: performance issues since installing new version of Zone alarm exterme security 20

    Hello;

    Welcome to the Zone Alarm User Forum..

    This Zone Alarm Forum exist to allow Volunteer experienced Zone Alarm Users to help the Few Users who encounter a problem with Zone Alarm and need to be guided in the right direction to answer Questions about Zone Alarm..

    The CPUusage increase could be a result of many things?
    Conflict with other Programs on your computer?

    Limited available resources, Available Bandwidth, Dialup or Cable Modem, Time of day of download etc..

    The following Forum link by Forum Moderator may explain the slowness on your computer..

    https://www.zonealarm.com/forums/sho...U-all-the-time
    GeorgeV
    ZoneAlarm® Extreme Security


    Click here for ZA Support
    Monday-Saturday__ 6am to 10pm Central time
    Closed Sundays and Holidays

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    2

    Default Re: performance issues since installing new version of Zone alarm exterme security 20

    the whole issue only started since installing the latest version of ZA extreme security. I uninstalled it and the issue disappeared


    Quote Originally Posted by GeorgeV View Post
    Hello;

    Welcome to the Zone Alarm User Forum..

    This Zone Alarm Forum exist to allow Volunteer experienced Zone Alarm Users to help the Few Users who encounter a problem with Zone Alarm and need to be guided in the right direction to answer Questions about Zone Alarm..

    The CPUusage increase could be a result of many things?
    Conflict with other Programs on your computer?

    Limited available resources, Available Bandwidth, Dialup or Cable Modem, Time of day of download etc..

    The following Forum link by Forum Moderator may explain the slowness on your computer..

    https://www.zonealarm.com/forums/sho...U-all-the-time

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Nov 2004
    Location
    localhost
    Posts
    17,638

    Default Re: performance issues since installing new version of Zone alarm exterme security 20

    Probably just a misunderstanding but the forum main aim is user-to-user help with common issues and not for reporting potential issues or bugs. Knowing that without you don't experience the problem does not unfortunately really help.

    I would therefore suggest that you contact instead directly the ZA technical support a the link in my signature, look for the live chat icon ("contact us") at the main ZA support site. Its free for registered users.Try to follow all trouboeshooting steps they will suggest and always report back to them with positive of negative results.

    If you manage to resolve the issue please come back here as your input (other than removing ZA) may help other users with similar problems .

    Thanks,
    Fax
    Last edited by fax; April 10th, 2014 at 06:54 AM.

    Click here for ZA Support
    Monday-Saturday 6am to 10pm Central time
    Closed Sundays and Holidays

  5. #5
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    1

    Default Re: performance issues since installing new version of Zone alarm exterme security 20

    Quote Originally Posted by spymanUK View Post
    I have just installed the latest version of ZA extreme security 2015.
    and now im getting a marked slowness on my system that wasn't there prior to that install. I can see the CPU usage when ide Is 30 - 80% and should be max 10%. I have also seen a flashing circle icon next to my mouse pointer as if something is loading in the background like when your pc first loads Windows. I'm using Win7 64bit extreme edition.

    There have been no error messages


    ZoneAlarm Extreme Security version: 13.0.208.000
    Vsmon version: 13.0.208.0
    Driver version: 13.0.70.0
    Antivirus engine version: 8.3.3.9
    Antivirus signature DAT file version: 1149864000
    AntiSpam version: 6.3.1.4973


    how can I go back to previous version.
    Same issue with me. You must uninstall ZA completely and then reinstall from zero. It solved the problem.

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Dec 2002
    Location
    San Carlos, California
    Posts
    1,764

    Default Re: performance issues since installing new version of Zone alarm exterme security 20

    Upgrades don't always go well for all users.

    So yes by uninstalling and reinstalling is like a fresh beginning and corrects a lot of upgrade issues.

    Forum Moderator.
    Click here for ZA Support
    Monday-Saturday__ 6am to 10pm Central time
    Closed Sundays and Holidays

  7. #7
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Location
    Perth, Western Australia
    Posts
    1

    Default Re: performance issues since installing new version of Zone alarm exterme security 20

    I have this issue as well.
    Running Win 7 Ultimate x 64
    AV is ZA ISS, problem started after update 13.0.208.000.
    Update 13.1.211.000 did not repair the situation.
    I uninstalled with the cleaner three times, still slow responding pc.
    I turn ZA off.....pc back to lightning fast.

  8. #8
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Location
    The 3rd Coast - South Central Texas
    Posts
    10,805

    Default Re: performance issues since installing new version of Zone alarm exterme security 20

    Quote Originally Posted by MeOnMine View Post
    I have this issue as well.
    Running Win 7 Ultimate x 64
    AV is ZA ISS, problem started after update 13.0.208.000.
    Update 13.1.211.000 did not repair the situation.
    I uninstalled with the cleaner three times, still slow responding pc.
    I turn ZA off.....pc back to lightning fast.
    Hello;

    Upgrades don't always go well for all users.

    So yes by doing a clean uninstalling and reinstalling is like a fresh beginning and corrects a lot of upgrade issues.



    The CPU usage increase could be a result of many things?
    Conflict with other Programs on your computer?

    Limited available resources, Available Bandwidth, Dialup or Cable Modem, Time of day of download etc..

    Also read this page from the ZA Knowledgebase:

    ZoneAlarm is using a lot of CPU or memory resources<= click here

    Re: "Vsmon" using 40-50% of the CPU all the time

    Running applications that keep a constant internet connection open will create extra cycles to be used for ZA. Your basically constantly pushing data through ZA that it has to analyze so there will be more resources used and 50% and more is not unusual with these types of applications.

    Its always been this way with ZA its just how the ZA core technology works and it nothing that can be changed or fixed because its working as designed.

    Best advise don't run these kinds of apps all the time.

    Forum Moderator
    Last edited by GeorgeV; May 24th, 2014 at 05:30 AM.
    GeorgeV
    ZoneAlarm® Extreme Security


    Click here for ZA Support
    Monday-Saturday__ 6am to 10pm Central time
    Closed Sundays and Holidays

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Similar Threads

  1. [SOLVED] 13.1.211.000 not compatible --> Clean install
    By FraserR in forum ZoneAlarm Free Firewall
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: May 18th, 2014, 11:33 AM
  2. [Solved] Antivirus not update and switch itself off. > Clean Re-install
    By Relik in forum ZoneAlarm Anti-virus & Anti-spyware
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: April 29th, 2014, 04:05 PM
  3. Replies: 3
    Last Post: August 4th, 2011, 08:15 AM
  4. [SOLVED] Scan Stalls on Windows XP --> Clean install latest version
    By Oxbargle in forum ZoneAlarm Anti-virus & Anti-spyware
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: June 20th, 2010, 11:29 PM
  5. Performance Issues with Version 8
    By jkeane in forum ZoneAlarm Installation
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: December 20th, 2008, 09:28 AM

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •