Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: [Solved] Anti keylogger causing keystroke issues > Turn OFF keyLogger

Cool Re: Anti keylogger causing keystroke issues

Quote Originally Posted by kaer View Post
    When using any webbrowser on my wife's laptop, the new improved Anti Keylogger feature in 13.0.208, would alter the actual key stroked - ie. "w" to something different and random in the adress bars.
    This happened in IE, FF and Chrome.

Took me a good 2 hrs. to figure out.

When disabled, all back to normal.
    I had exactly the same problem having upgraded to the latest version of ZIS yesterday.
    The fix, as stated, is to turn the feature off
    . If I turn it back on the problem re-occurs.
    No problem for me to run with it off. ~snip~

Geoffjg.

ZoneAlarm Security Suite version: 13.0.208.000
    ZoneAlarm license key: NEVER POST YOUR LICENSE KEY ON PUBLIC FORUM as your key may be compromised now.
    Vsmon version: 13.0.208.0
    Driver version: 13.0.70.0
    Antivirus engine version: 8.3.3.9
    Antivirus signature DAT file version: 1150453216
    AntiSpam version: 6.3.1.4973
    Last edited by GeorgeV; April 18th, 2014 at 02:11 PM. Reason: removed license key

Default Anti keylogger causing keystroke issues

I recently installed the most recent update & no longer was able to type in the browsers I use. I use Opera 12.16 and Avant Ultimate 2014 Build 2 using the Chronium as the rendering Engine. In Opera, I absolutely couldn't type a thing, even in the Opera mail which is my email program. My husband has had the exact same problems on his laptop with both programs. I had to install the new update and reinstall an earlier version. This is not the first time that I've had problems with zone alarm compatibility. For a while, it made opening Legacy Genealogy Software impossible to open. I can't take the bugs as long as they get fixed, but trying to inform anyone about it is the most frustrating thing. I've been using ZoneAlarm for about as long as it has been around, but now I'm wondering if the problems I'm having with contacting them about problem is worth paying for another year's subscription.

Default Re: Unending Frustration - Zone Alarm Compatibility Problems & Support

I had the same problem and found I couldn't type anything using Opera 12.16 after updating. If your Zonealarm has the much 'improved' key logger attached (I'm using the ZASS version). Try turning it OFF. All is normal here once again. Might help, might not........... :-)

Default Re: Anti keylogger causing keystroke issues

Hello;

Welcome to the Zone Alarm User Forum..

This Zone Alarm Forum exist to allow Volunteer experienced Zone Alarm Users to help the Few Users who encounter a problem with Zone Alarm and need to be guided in the right direction to answer Questions about Zone Alarm..

OK if you turn on the Anti-Keylogger and you have issues then
    the fix is turn it off.

Sorry, There are no other options to configuring anti-keylogger as you can see from the interface in ZA just ON and OFF.

There is only one option for you. Don't use that browser with the anti-keylogger.

NOTE: If your having this issue we would like to collect some logs from you that are being gathered by development on the issue.
    Contact support and they will give you complete directions.

Note: Sending logs does not mean you will get a fix or even a reply back. It just helps us improve ZA in later releases.
    Last edited by GeorgeV; April 24th, 2014 at 02:56 AM.
    GeorgeV
    ZoneAlarm® Extreme Security

Click here for ZA Support
    Monday-Saturday__ 6am to 10pm Central time
    Closed Sundays and Holidays

Arrow key board problem

I have an Acer Laptop running Windows 8.1. My problem is that my keyboard works fine until I type into either internet explorer or google chrome and then I get gibberish so have to use the on screen keyboard. I think this happened after I installed new version of Zone Alarm Extreme and ran the PC Tune Up. How can I fix this?

Default Re: key board problem

Hello;

Read a few of the following Post just above your Post has the Fix for your problem..

https://www.zonealarm.com/forums/sho...-OFF-keyLogger <== Click here
    Last edited by GeorgeV; April 28th, 2014 at 07:49 AM. Reason: fix typo
    GeorgeV

I'm running ZA v13.0.208.000, so I have no idea what the reference to ZA v10 is referring to.

~sorry this is not a Debate Forum~

Finally, although I appear to have resolved the keyboard/gobbledygook issue (within Facebook and Twitter at least) as far as I can ascertain at this early stage since experiencing the original issue, this reply has taken an eternity to type, because every other keystroke or three doesn't register on screen, and I have had to backspace and re-enter a good 60% of the characters and spaces as I've been typing this reply - could this therefore be an indication that I may still experience further issues in the future?

Thank you,

Kshaky.
    Last edited by GeorgeV; April 27th, 2014 at 02:16 PM. Reason: sorry this is not a Debate Forum,

Quote Originally Posted by Kshaky View Post
    I'm running ZA v13.0.208.000, so I have no idea what the reference to ZA v10 is referring to.

Finally, although I appear to have resolved the keyboard/gobbledygook issue (within Facebook and Twitter at least) as far as I can ascertain at this early stage since experiencing the original issue, this reply has taken an eternity to type, because every other keystroke or three doesn't register on screen, and I have had to backspace and re-enter a good 60% of the characters and spaces as I've been typing this reply - could this therefore be an indication that I may still experience further issues in the future?

Thank you,

Kshaky.
    Thank you for taking the time to provide how you resolved your issue, maybe it will be of some help to the Original Poster of this thread..

2.) to answer your question about you using ZA v10..
    that came from your User Profile where you state that you ARE using ZAES v10x

3.) as for your current keyboard issue try this..

Have you tried to add the zonealarm.com to the IE11 "Compatibility view settings"?
    Last edited by GeorgeV; April 27th, 2014 at 02:29 PM. Reason: fix typo
    GeorgeV

Default Re: [Solved] Anti keylogger causing keystroke issues > Turn OFF keyLogger

To avoid dispersion and double posts I have merged all anti-keylogger posts in this thread. Futher input to the issue will be added here or moved here if posted somewhere else.

Thanks,
    Fax

Monday-Saturday 6am to 10pm Central time

Default Re: [Solved] Anti keylogger causing keystroke issues > Turn OFF keyLogger

I wish to report a problem with your latest Zone alarm Extreme Security upgrade in that the anti keylogger causes problems with the keyboard when ALL browsers are used - Firefox Google Chrome or Internet Explorer. When typing ALL characters come out in gibberish - in fact whatever one types the key strokes just follow the qwerty keyboard chronologically! So for past week I have had to use an online keyboard - not fun at all and too slow. Therefore I have disabled this feature until Zone Alarm can sort it out. Now at least I can type online with my keyboard

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread Information