Thread: Windows 8.1 and ZA 13.0.208.000

Default Windows 8.1 and ZA 13.0.208.000

I recently updated my Windows 8.1 laptop to ZA internet security version 13.0.208.000. After running the new version for about 3 weeks, I'm seeing some problems. My internet connection is sluggish and intermittent and I get randomly disconnected from my wifi several times a day. My browser takes a long time to load a page.

I have tried turning off as many settings and features as ZA would allow in an attempt to isolate the problem and it had no affect. I made sure to double-check all my settings to make sure nothing was wrong.

Anyone else on Windows 8.1 having similar issues?

Default Re: Windows 8.1 and ZA 13.0.208.000

No problem at all here with current version 13 or old version 12/11 running on Windows 8, windows 8.1 and windows 8.1 update 1.

I am afraid it can be specific to your PC setup as each PC is a world per se, this is also considering you keep having the same problems across different versions. For example, laptop normally load proprietary software that may conflict with software especially security tools. There could be hardware problems (wifi drivers or the specific tool you use to connect to internet if not using standard windows services).

You should contact ZA technical support as we all users here. If you have already done so please feedback them that what suggested did not work. If you still have problems I am afraid you will need to find another tool that works well with your setup and laptop and claim for a refund, if applicable.

We can't really help here as we cannot collect logs and perform an in-depth troubleshooting.

Thank you in advance for your understanding and support and good luck!.

Click here for ZA Support
    Monday-Saturday 6am to 10pm Central time
    Closed Sundays and Holidays

I'm a software engineer so I keep my computer in top condition. I try to keep startups to a minimum. I've also been a ZA users for many years so I am familiar with their products. The interesting part to this is I had no problems until I updated to Windows 8.1. At that time I had to move to ZA 12, and that is when the problem started. I ended up taking 12 off and my system acted normally. When 13 came out, I decided to try it again and saw the same problems.

I underdstand your frustration but we can't really address it here.

If you want, you can detail what exactly you have done to troubleshoot the issue, for example, giving more information on how exactly you connect to the internet (Router?? --> WIFI??), if you use windows zero configuation wizard for the wifi or third party software? If you have tried to boot the system clean of any third party software (i.e. only ZA and OS main drivers/software)? See for example here: https://www.zonealarm.com/forums/sho...622#post297622, if you have customised your ZA firewall or program settings, if you have added your DNS, DHCP IPs to the ZA trusted zones and set the trusted zone to MEDIUM... etc... there can be many things that could have gone wrong...

So, we can do some basic check here but can't really add more aside from the fact that, if there was indeed a widespread issue with windows 8 and ZA then you would see this board flooded by messages. This seems not currently the case.

Alternatively, as it seems a one off issue with a specific system, the easiest solution is to move on and choose a product that can works well with the system.

Thanks,
    Fax
    Last edited by fax; April 16th, 2014 at 05:40 AM.

I'm just gonna move on to something else. I spent 3 weeks testing out various changes and settings and none of it made any difference. I took ZA off today and the problems went away.

In regard to "this board flooded by messages", that might not be the case because Win8.1 has a small user base compared to Win XP and 7.

Not enough small to have no impact , anyway no need to waste time on it and good you moved-on to something that works on your system.

Closing this thread as the problem has been resolved moving to another product.

Thanks,

Thread Information