Thread: [SOLVED] Weatherbug conflict

Default [SOLVED] Weatherbug conflict

I have been running WeatherBug for some time but now I have a conflict that won't allow it to bring up live data. I am running Internet Security Suite version 13.0.208.000. After many tries, I find that if the Antivirus and Anti-Spyware portion of Security Suite is turned off when WeatherBug is started, then WeatherBug will start and get live data as it should. Once WeatherBug is started and then Antivirus is turned back on it continues to run correctly. If the Antivirus is turned on when WeatherBug is started, WeatherBug will start up but will not connect to live data. I have run out of ideas or any option in Security Suite that would allow WeatherBug free access. I have given WeatherBug super access in application control, but that would seem to be unrelated to turning the Antivirus off for it to work.

Sky Soldiers Guest

Default Re: Weatherbug conflict

Possibly being flagged by Real-Time Cloud Protection.

Real-Time Cloud Protection: Provides access to the up-to-date database of Antivirus signatures to protect against newly emerging threats. Real-Time Cloud Database contains up-to-date reputation of files, web resources and software enhancing traditional Antivirus + Firewall protection.

Upload the file to virustotal to have it analyze for 2nd opinion.

https://www.virustotal.com/en/
    Last edited by Sky Soldiers; April 28th, 2014 at 05:50 AM. Reason: Provided link, rephrase

It's apparently working Ok now, but I don't know why. I checked the file on virustotal as you suggested but it found nothing suspicious. Also per your suggestion, I went into settings to Premium Protections where Enable Real Time Cloud Protection and Enable Web Monitoring are both checked. I unchecked both of those and saved and was prompted to restart Zonealarm for the changes to take effect. After Zonealarm restarted, I again started up WeatherBug and it worked. Then I went back into Zonealarm settings and apparently when I restarted Zonealarm the program had rechecked the boxes fo Enable Real Time Cloud Protection and Enable Web Monitoring. I have restarted WeatherBug several times including rebooting and WeatherBug works every time now. So....all I did really was turn off those 2 features only to have Zonealarm turn them back on the next time it was restarted but now WeatherBug connects to live data. Any thoughts why that action caused it to start working?

Sky Soldiers Guest

Have no idea as to why?

Other users might chime in to address that concern.

If current valid license contact Support:

http://www.zonealarm.com/security/en...ce-support.htm
    Last edited by Sky Soldiers; April 28th, 2014 at 01:04 PM. Reason: Reword

Thread Information